Perceptions Through Time "LIFE, SHARED TIME OF RELAPSED RHYTHMIC FLOWS"

Perceptions Through Time "LIFE, SHARED TIME OF RELAPSED RHYTHMIC FLOWS"

A Poem by JSG
"

LIFE, SHARED TIME OF RELAPSED RHYTHMIC FLOWS

"

CONDENSATION OF A CULTURE

SEEPS THROUGH TIME

RESIN KNOWLEDGE SEEKS

OUT THE SOUL WHICH

IS SIMPLE AND KIND

AT MIND

WISDOM

EVOLVES

THROUGH SOLUTIONS

AND SECRETIONS

REPRODUCTION OF ENERGY

AGELESS, VIBRANT

HUNGRY, YEARNING

FOR THE NEXT

LEVEL OF OPPORTUNITY

FINDING DIRECTION, A FEELING OF VALUE

IN NEED OF A HIGHER

SENSE THAT IT ALL COMES

TOGETHER THERE IS REASON

IN THE DISTANCE

© 2013 JSG


Author's Note

JSG
IGNORE GRAMMER

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Epic. I feel like I can see the substance of culture seeping down through the hourglass shape of the words that make up the poem. I feel like you went from seeing culture as a social creation, developed out of need. This thing was then transformed into a conception of goodness; the soul. And that product developed some kind of ingrained need in the human psyche which is not ultimately reflective of ultimate reality. However, I always find the truth to be most evident in the present moment. And here, it is the moment of transformation; from culture to delusion. I see that moment of transformation as the moment of clarity, whereas the culture is a conception of the past, and the delusion is a conception of the future, both of them created in the imagination. Not sure if this even reflects the meanings you were going for. But don't we all joke about how poetry teachers dissect the symbolism behind famous poems far beyond the intentioned meaning of the poet? Either way, this opened up an interesting dialogue for me. Thumbs up.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 23, 2013
Last Updated on September 27, 2013
Tags: NEW AGE, PHILOSOPHY, SELF HELP