Dove’s Wings; An Inescapable Situation

Dove’s Wings; An Inescapable Situation

A Poem by Huh
"

Red on White is such a vast color difference, especially if it's not supposed to be there, so that's why it's a picture used so often. This is just a picture for me to remember injustice can rein,

"

Dove’s Wings; An Inescapable Situation


God gave doves wings, so they could fly away, untethered to a world that may wish to hurt them. So when a Dove was being heckled by a specific chicken, she could fly away. Take off, leave no evidence behind �" not a feather or footprint. But the rose-headed vultures can’t track them down, can’t read their messages, and the Cardinals start to judge. The home of birds is all abuzz.

If the Dove stayed, she’d have to have grounded. Then upon the rough and shuffling dirt, she would have had to take a trembling couple hops forward, before a crowd of birds. Her wings tucked in tightly, injuredly, at her sides for there’d be no point in flying. No place to run, and no use getting off the ground, if she had stayed. Surrounded by glowering pigeons standing way-tall before her, she’d have had to plead her case. Meek voiced, and squeaky from anxiety, she would have lost the right to sing and the birds would look at her shrewdly. Yet it would be her wings, her bright, glaringly obvious wings and bruises that would give sign. Her wings held out injuredly, the pain of not being able to fly away materializing in her bones. Each individual feather showing. layered, and two layers right in the middle showing like a slit that they would quickly cut into. 

After all, who could but note that she was the one showing trouble? The hen in the hen house would be roosting like there was no issue in the world: self-satisfied, and birds hate trouble! They heckle, peak, and claw all to maintain order �" at any sign of trouble. So surely the Rooster set before them all, would charge her with their claw, right across that petitely held wing. Smearing red across sweetly innocent white and break all over hope. Shattering the whole bird! Her whims; her dreams; her freedom; she could never fly again! So why should she stay? The other birds would only heckle and laugh, scowling at the bird that had caused them trouble. She would be all alone and heckled; outcasted on the grounds she walked on.

© 2022 Huh


Author's Note

Huh
Not so much for the public, just a reminder to myself of a picture I can't quite illustrate.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on March 5, 2022
Last Updated on March 5, 2022

Author

Huh
Huh

MO



About
My favorite singer currently is Fiona Apple; overall, Regina Spektor. I'm passionate, and my passion gets away from me sometimes; like a rabbit zipping along, making me the narrow-eyed hawk that chase.. more..

Writing