Hunters' Prayer

Hunters' Prayer

A Poem by Jul
"

I want people to understand how much more there is to hunting, and the connection between the hunter, nature, and the animals. There is a deep spiritual aspect there.

"
I am sorry. Your life will not have been in vain.
I may have taken your body, but your spirit will remain here.
Tonight my family will live another day with a full stomach, and happy hearts.
Your body and sacrifice will not go to waste.
I am sorry, but the end came quick.
I pray you had no pain, no fear.
The shot was steady and true.
I may have taken your life, but no one will love and respect you as I do.
I will utilize what I can, and then return you to the earth that was your home; that gave you this life.
I will return you to where the other creatures of the forest may utilize your sacrifice.
Your life was not in vain.
Not for trophy.
Not for sport.
It was taken to give vitality to others, to teach respect, love, and conservation.
With this I solemnly swear: that this is my Hunters' Prayer.

© 2016 Jul


Author's Note

Jul
Please send me feedback. I know I can always improve. I'd love to hear your tips, and opinions on what I write.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on February 29, 2016
Last Updated on February 29, 2016
Tags: Hunting, environment, spirituality

Author

Jul
Jul

Waterford, NY



About
I am currently in college in the Adirondacks, way up in the north country. I grew up in the outdoors, I was born to fish, and grew into hunting. I have loved writing since I was young and have an abso.. more..

Writing
We Are Hunters We Are Hunters

A Story by Jul


A Fish Story A Fish Story

A Story by Jul