Gwendolyn's Easter Essay

Gwendolyn's Easter Essay

A Story by JLenniDorner
"

An Easter Essay which would have been written by my fictional character, Gwendolyn.

"

((The following is an essay which Wend, a main character of the Existence series, would have written. It is actually written by me, J. Lenni Dorner, of course; but the viewpoint, tone, and structure of the essay is that of the fictional character.))

 

"What Easter Means to Me"

By Gwendolyn Mirabella Wright 

 

            Life eternal is granted to me and my loved ones because Jesus has risen! Christ, my Savior, faced Death and three days later returned. When the time is right, He will call the faithful and worthy to Heaven to be with Him. Easter is a celebration of the great gift of resurrection. Easter is celebrated because we will be resurrected someday, because we will be immortal once we are resurrected, and because we know that Jesus was resurrected.

 

            In death, the spirit leaves the body. In resurrection, the spirit returns to the body and makes it alive again. When Jesus' spirit returned to His body, He made resurrection possible. Jesus Christ was the first person to be resurrected. It took Jesus only three days to be resurrected, but that is not the case for everyone. When we die, our spirit will eventually be guided back to our bodies because Jesus has promised this gift to the world.

 

            When the spirit returns to the body during resurrection, we will become immortal. The resurrected body changes so that it not only comes back to life, but it also becomes whole and perfect and can never die again. I will have my body forever because Jesus was resurrected. My immortal body will have eternal life in God's presence and be with my family there because we repent our sins, follow the commandments of the Gospel, and believe in Jesus Christ who died so that we could be forgiven.

 

            The resurrection of Christ after His death is the greatest news the world has ever had. We know that news is true because many people documented seeing Jesus alive once again. Among these people were the Nephites and Lamanites, who had been in darkness for the three days that it took for Jesus to be resurrected. These were the most joyful people on Earth for Jesus stayed with them for a while to heal their sick, bless their children, and teach them.

 

            Everyone should celebrate Easter because Jesus gave the gift of resurrection to the whole world, because we will all become immortal after we die, and because there is documented proof that Jesus was resurrected. Our faith in the Savior protects us so that we will spend eternity not as lost spirits and rotting corpses but in our perfect bodies alive with blessed spirits in the home of the Heavenly Father. Easter is a celebration of the love that Jesus has which is so abundant that He made the ultimate sacrifice for us. So, to me, Easter means that I am loved by Jesus Christ; and that is truly something to celebrate!

© 2012 JLenniDorner


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
Added on April 7, 2012
Last Updated on April 7, 2012
Tags: Existence series, Easter, what-are-they.com, LDS, Mormon, resurrection

Author

JLenniDorner
JLenniDorner

PA



About
I am a fiction writer. I can be found on Facebook and Twitter. more..

Writing