Raging Feminist

Raging Feminist

A Story by im_sucha_lopez
"

I've been having multiple fights with my family lately.

"
Do you want to know what's so terribly disgusting to me? That since I've become a feminist, I've become more opinionated about politics and social standards in my Mexican household. Therefore causing me to seem more "bratty" and I need to "shut up". And honestly it makes me so sad to see my family just conform into thinking that these ignorant things that us minorities/women have to go through is normal. Lately I've been more aware how dominated the US is by white people, so that's what my "complaints" usually come down to. Roy had the audacity to ask me, "Why don't you like white people?" I flipped my s**t. I adore every single person out there and to hear someone ask me that because they're ignorant? Wowowow. I'm angry that one day I want to be a successful actress on Broadway/anything really and I might not get that chance bc when I asked my sister to name AT LEAST 6 Mexican/Hispanic/and or Latin actresses in the American industry she could only name 3. My mom doesn't care anymore bc she is a Mexico born citizen that HAS to be obedient to these standards. My sister has been dominated by men her whole life and hates the word feminism. I already completely can't stand my brother, and he is too self absorbed to actually listen to my "complaints". I can't stand living in a house where I know I'm a strong feminist, but tend to feel small bc my family doesn't want to open their eyes and see what I see.

© 2015 im_sucha_lopez


Author's Note

im_sucha_lopez
Just a rant, guys (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on May 9, 2015
Last Updated on May 9, 2015
Tags: Feminism, White People, Family, Mexican, Actress

Author

im_sucha_lopez
im_sucha_lopez

Fort Worth, Tx, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I am a 16 year old, raging Feminist (: more..

Writing