Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
I Appreciate It

I Appreciate It

A Story by JOe
"

This was written a long time ago about someone I love.

"
Perfect!  It's in the perfect place!  It'll be the first thing I see in the morning.  And every time I look up it'll be the perfect reminder of my inferiority.  You see, it's only been there for a day, and already I'm regretting accepting this gift.  It's eyes turn cold and they tear at my soul.  I've spent a full day gazing at this.  Silently weeping at my inferiority, my lack of potential, my inability to create anything, in any form, that can even REMOTELY compare to this pure, talentful genius.  So now, whenever I come home, whenever I wake up, or look up, I can drown myself in pity of how I'll never compare.

I'll never live up to you.  Your beauty, your perfection, I could never.  The way you move, the way you think, draw, drive, breathe, speak, live, dance, swim, play, jump, laugh, cry, I couldn't possibly do any of those things so perfectly, so gracefully as you.

But I feel as if I'm just reiterating, and circling my point, with no actual direction.  YOU SEE?!  I can't even articulate myself as well as you!  How do you live in this world and stay so together?, so unbroken?  I've never met such perfection in one person.  You're just...not damaged.  Anything you want is yours.  Anyone you want is yours.  And you know what the funny part is?  You chose me...

-sigh- This is just great.  I've still got no direction.  I'm at least smart enough to figure that out.  Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to figure anything else out.

I'm sure you have no idea what I'm talking about.  And why should you?  Everyone has always been below you.  You've always been better than the rest of the world, so what's it matter if it's just one more person?  To you, it doesn't.  But us, the rest of the world, we have to deal with this everyday.  Everyday we're stuck below your knees, like we're begging for scraps.

But I don't care about the rest of them.  This is about me right now.  This is about how I'll never compare to you.  Or anyone else that's begging for scraps, for that matter.  Now it just sounds like I'm trying to drag this on, doesn't it? Heh.  Well I've got a lot to say.  But I'm just too inarticulate.  I'm sure if you felt this way, you could write a 400 page book in 15 f*****g minutes, couldn't you?!

And don't you DARE tell me not to worry about it.  Like you know I'll never catch up!  Like you're 100% aware of the fact that I couldn't even be CLOSE to as perfect as you if I even tried!  I could put forth my full effort, try as hard as I can, but it still wouldn't be as good as what you can accomplish in your sleep.

So thanks for the gift.  It's in perfect view.  I'll cherish it forever.

© 2010 JOe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love your style of writing!
You writing comes off with such a raw, real sense and it is very pleasurable to read.
You key of emotion is great, and I love your word choice you use to portray that.
You better keep writing, because you are putting out great work.
I can't wait to read more!
All the best! =]

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 23, 2010
Last Updated on June 23, 2010

Author

JOe
JOe

Parlin, NJ



About
I'm Joe. I constantly show up, say I'm going to be active, post one thing, and disappear for a few years. Get used to it. I write a lot of poetry, prose, and lyrics. You can consider about 97% of i.. more..

Writing
(Untitled) (Untitled)

A Poem by JOe