Silence is a Great Healer

Silence is a Great Healer

A Story by J.R.Wampler

"Silence Is a Great Healer"

 

Knotted and tight her chest throbbed in pain. 

The muscles in her face were so worn it hurt to even just lay there. Her eyes were swollen and raw. Existence was swollen and raw. An overpowering sense of being helpless laid down on her. There was no ending this awfulness. Screams ricocheted off the vacant walls of her brain. Her throat was too hoarse for her to actually scream anymore.

Worthless.

Pointless.

That was all of who she was. 

There was an ache deep down in the very center of her being. Her soul was trembling with hatred. It begged for an escape from the binds of her body. Maybe if she willed it hard enough she’d just be gone; in a different universe, on a different frequency, invisible and free.

Weeks passed by unnoticed. It felt like one long horrendous day forever stretching out into an eternity. The world ceased to exist at all. 

Driving home her foot fell against the pedal making the engine roar as is transitioned from second to fifth. Tears blinded the road ahead of her, lights blurred together into an overwhelming image of endlessness. Even though she headed toward her house she didn't feel like she was driving home anymore. Home was being with him.

Another week passed. Looking down at the screen of her phone her thumb hesitated over the “unfollow” button. She pressed it. 
It felt good. 
She felt good. 
Empowerment rising up through her gut she excitedly screened through the rest of her apps deleting, unfriending, and un-adding all of him. Finally she thumbed through her messages to erase his archive and flung open her contacts lists and scrolled down to his name. 
“Delete Contact”.  
There was a silence from her phone, and she liked it. 
A sense of openness seeped out of every extremity. She felt lifted.

© 2014 J.R.Wampler


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on November 25, 2014
Last Updated on November 25, 2014

Author

J.R.Wampler
J.R.Wampler

CO



About
I am a fitness enthusiast looking to exercise my writing. more..

Writing