Letter to A Little Killer

Letter to A Little Killer

A Poem by Joshua Lean
"

For every child soldier in every corner, whether you hold a gun or not, in whatever way you are being used or afflicted, I fight for you.

"

You should be seen and not heard..seen walking the stygian paths,carrying your heart in your hand and your honour in the magazines.

They tell you your purpose,they tell it to you with lips that do not move,you can only feel their sharp claws circle your small head..like  clairvoyant wizards probing crystal balls.

They tell you what you are,they say you do it for the flag and you wonder if the flag will wrap you on those nights when the voices come out of the ground and purr like cats..

They show you the enemy,the enemy they say you will become unless you carve holes in his eyes and trap his soul between your hands like you trap the mosquitos that incessantly feed on you. And then you wonder why the enemy has hands and feet just like you.

When you close your eyes..what do you see?.Do you dream?..of a peace that holds no meaning,of a peace they tell you is only achievable when you make more bodies fall.Do you see those friends whose bones decorate the streets now..whose bloody slates are fastened to the asphalt.Do they tell you that it is better where they are?.

Do you cry?..are your tears enough to wash the stains on your hands? Do you long for a mother’s touch? Do you feel fear? Do you hate the blackness? Do you hate your blackness?.
Are the thoughts able to twist their way into your mind? A mind so conveniently booby trapped with incendiary hopes.

Do you look forward to the day when your body too will fall lifeless to the ground and the grey vultures..the ones you know by name will circle the sky above your decaying flesh?..

Would you want me to hold your hand? I could if you want.We could go to that place..I hear the grass is nicer there.And you could introduce me to your friends.

For every child soldier in every corner,whether you hold a gun or not,in whatever way you are being used or afflicted,I fight for you.

© 2013 Joshua Lean


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

love the descriptivenes of this passage.."They tell you your purpose,they tell it to you with lips that do not move,you can only feel their sharp claws circle your small head..like clairvoyant wizards probing crystal balls."
borrowing it for my "nicely turned phrases" manuscript I refer to; if you dont mind..?Laury

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joshua Lean

11 Years Ago

Splurge!



Reviews

I support this cause and i appreciate your passion and excellent writing skills

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joshua Lean

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
This is a great piece of poetry. I'm not saying this to be polite, but I know a work of creativity, utter ingenuity. You have done something great here, and I share your passion to free the child soldiers.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 26, 2013
Last Updated on January 26, 2013

Author

Joshua Lean
Joshua Lean

About
I am a worker in words. And these words cannot be made to work for others. They are slaves to neither party nor position. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ugly. Ugly.

A Poem by Joshua Lean


Bleed Bleed

A Poem by wordman