Not sure yet

Not sure yet

A Story by Jack O
"

Not sure yet. Wrote this in reply to Ginny's poem. Meh

"

The young woman left the bar. Her friends were busy chatting with fraternity members and she was not impressed. She left when one male took off his shirt and poured a pitcher of beer across his chest asking the others to lick it off.

            As she stumbled along the sidewalk she said to herself, “I like books.” Her eyes turned back to the bar. “I like good men,” she said shaking her head.  

Sighing she leaned against the lamp post and pushed the crosswalk button.

            The cars raced through the red light and she stared. “Really?” She pressed the button again.

            The voice was male as it asked, “Don’t wish to die on your way back to the dorm?”
            She turned and looked at the older man. He had short hair and deep blue eyes. “F**k off,” she said. “I don’t need any man loving me.”

            He looked at her and smiled. “Do you think you can make it across the street without getting hit by a car?”

            She leaned against the pole, did not see all the stopped cars and said, “I said f**k off. I don’t want you to flirt with me.”

            He nodded to her and she turned back to watch the traffic flow. “Really? She said and stabbed the crossing button a third time.

            The cars were moving so fast and she stared at the stop light and stabbed the crosswalk button over and over. She then felt the push on her back.

            Landing in the street the car screamed as brakes were locked and she looked up at the man and his smile and the Dark that stood beside him smiling like a waxing moon sliver.

            Collision sounds were made and she sat up. “What the f**k is wrong with you?” Did he push me? She was lost.

            He looked at her and smiled.

            She turned and looked at the bumper inches from her face. Occupants of the cars were screaming at each other. What the f**k, she thought. Her eyes caught the shadow sitting above the man on the lamp post. It leaned forward looking at her.

            She stared at it.

            The shadow Dark smiled down to her and for a moment she saw two silver eyes and a very white smile. She blinked and the man crossed the street. “Thanks for stopping the traffic.”
            She turned and looked at his back. The Dark shadow blinked in and out following him.

            Police sirens were coming closer. “F**k me,” she said and laid down in the street.

            “Are you ok?” The girl looked up and people were looking down at her.

            Other people were running to aid her and she closed her eyes. “Really?” she said aloud.

            The firetruck beat the police cars to the scene of the accident.

© 2018 Jack O


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wrote this in reply to Ginny's poem. She inspired me.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
1 Review
Added on May 23, 2018
Last Updated on May 23, 2018

Author

Jack O
Jack O

Writing
Title Title

A Poem by Jack O