Finding Lost

Finding Lost

A Story by Jack Kizer
"

More Hard drive oddities

"

Find the Lost (short)

 

                Lying on my back in this position of slumber always reminds me of days long passed by. Much like the gentle wind that blows from the river to caress my cheek, these moments of the past are nothing more than ethereal ushers of untouchable things. With the breeze comes a  gentle, relaying warmth that soothes my mind and body alike, and lets me drift softly into a slumber. With these memories comes a relaxing, motherly embrace upon my thoughts, letting the trials and tribulations of the day melt into the background of memory.
                As I close my eyes and focus on the winds, I let those dull, happy, moments of my past take a position aside me on the grass. I lie here with my memories and let them embrace me, a subtle corona of wind accompanying them. I feel myself drift away from the consciousness that we all know, so that I may hover between this world of corporeal touch and the realm of ethereal thought.
                Within this world I feel most alive, the past that I was connecting to the present that I am to take my hand and lead me to the future that I will be. Like a monk in meditation I feel weightless, as if I am falling in a bottomless well. There is no fear, there is only suspense for what will come, and when that suspense is forgotten, and there is nothing, the Zen will come.
                I do this often, this free fall through my mind. I have learned that the suspension I feel is the memory of the corporeal trying to pull me upwards to the bright light of consciousness. I have learned that to fight this feeling is to give it a place to grip, to remember to fight is to register its existence and leave a foot-hold for this nagging memory to find balance and strength, and to hold you.
                To submit to its pull is to forget to fight, in turn forgetting why there is a struggle, thus forgetting the corporeal. When this memory is lost the reigns that this physical manifestation of perception has placed upon you will melt gently away, and you may fall comfortably into oblivion and contentment.
                I have forgotten, and felt this Zen and contentment. In unconscious unknowing I may open my eyes, knowing only my memories, and witness as this memory that I allowed to lie in the grass beside me shifts its weight and falls gently upon my chest.
                My eyes open fully and I look into hers, as she smiles back at me in turn. Like a gentle caress of wind moving my hair from my ear, I still remember her voice, “I Miss You.”

© 2012 Jack Kizer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
Added on August 16, 2009
Last Updated on June 7, 2012

Author

Jack Kizer
Jack Kizer

Pennsville, NJ



About
I've been writing for a long time, mostly short stories. I have alot of great ideas for longer things but not the time or focus required for the detail I think they should have. Other than that I keep.. more..

Writing
Turbulence Turbulence

A Story by Jack Kizer


Snake Dream Snake Dream

A Story by Jack Kizer