Waking Up.

Waking Up.

A Story by Jackie Longoria

The voices that only seemed to get louder threatened to force her out of unconsciousness. Her mind wandered, trying to figure out to whom those voices belonged to. Then she sat up abruptly, confused and bewildered as she realized that nobody was home. She looked around and saw nothing. God, was she tired. So tired. Everything was hazy, her mind still clouded from sleep. The TV was on but the people talking seemed to be speaking directly to her. "Leave." She said firmly. Why she had uttered those words, she was not sure. Nobody was around but, she had a feeling there was somebody in her room that she couldn't see. "Leave!" She yelled again but she got no reaction. "GET OUT!" She tried to scream but to her shock, her voice came out as a growl, the type of growl that came from of a dog who was debarked because he once barked too much. "Get out!" She tried to scream again but she couldn't get the words out. She was scared, so scared, and she couldn't shake off the feeling that someone was watching her. She was crying now and choking, and she couldn't breathe, she was losing consciousness and then. . . She woke up.

 

She sat up quickly and relieved to find that it had only been a nightmare. There was nobody in her room and felt calm once again, even sleepy. She couldn't fight the powerful urge to close her eyes so she gave in and began to drift into unconsciousness once again. But as she closed her eyes, she saw to whom she was speaking to in her dream. . . It was the demonic shadow at the end of her bed.

© 2016 Jackie Longoria


Author's Note

Jackie Longoria
I hope you all enjoy reading my story as much as I enjoyed writing it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on February 26, 2016
Last Updated on February 26, 2016
Tags: demons, demonic, nightmares, dreams, horror

Author

Jackie Longoria
Jackie Longoria

Fabens, TX



About
I'm a 17 year old senior who has always enjoyed writing fiction stories. I hope everyone enjoys reading them as much as I enjoy writing them. more..