Part 1 - Jared who?

Part 1 - Jared who?

A Story by Jacqueline Emmerson

My eyes stung from looking at you. Once my panacea; you had turned into my own personal war. But I had traded my weapon for a drink and you had her wrapped under your arm. Looks like I had already lost. You are so cruel. Not even through your red-glazed eyes could you look at me. The smoke twisted around everyone's bodies and slowly made its way around me and through my lungs. I decided to go out for a smoke. I stumbled off my seat and you had already disappeared into the sea of sinner and saints. 
Against the warm bricks out side I could see people jumping in to cabs, lovers escaping the noise, girls crying and leaving in pacts. All I needed was a bad soundtrack in the background to make this night any worse. I pulled out my second smoke. At least the sky looked peaceful. A smooth, yet blunt voice uttered, "toss?" I turned my head to the side still partially looking up at the stars. "Depends who's asking." 
"A guy who's having a s****y night and needs a smoke." I focused all my attention on the boy with dark hair. It was slightly jelled. His sweater nearly matched the colour of his hair, but his blue jeans blended with his blueish-grey eyes. "Take two." He let out a slight laugh.
"What are the odds I can smoke them with you."
"What are the odds you want to go to the cafe down the street." I smirked and giggled on my words. "You're allowed to smoke."
"What are we doing here?" We walked and sat in my favorite booth. And we talked and smoked all night. Jared who? 

© 2014 Jacqueline Emmerson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on July 26, 2014
Last Updated on July 27, 2014
Tags: teenagers, young, love, hurt

Author

Jacqueline Emmerson
Jacqueline Emmerson

Canada



About
Sophomore I write what I know, usually love Everything I write is about Jared Never know how to end short stories Expect short poems more..

Writing