The Dark Woman

The Dark Woman

A Story by Jaco Diablo
"

Short story,Please let me know what you guys think? I am a aspiring horror writer, and I would love some feedback.

"
“There is something beautiful about all of the pain and torture, it looks like HELTER SKELTER”. Mackullen wake up! Jesus Christ Paxton I’m up, as I lifted my head from my desk I could feel the pain shooting from my temple to my eyes. I feel like I haven’t slept in days, this same dream, its always the same dream. "Detective Mackullen Paxton belted out, maybe you would like to pay attention, you cannot solve this case if you dont know whats going on. If you do not pull it together I’m going to have you tested for damn narcolepsy". Out of the corner of my eye I could see Miles, and Rosa snickering, I would have made my usual “I would love to laugh too” smart-a*s comment but I felt like a bus hit me in the face. Well to continue Paxton said, were dealing with something completely different here, there have been 7 murders in the last 4 months and no one has any leads. Mackullen and Ruiz I’m putting you on special detail, I want you to check out the last crime scene and see if you can unearth anything. For some reason Paxton loved putting me and Clara together, we were the only ones in our outfit that went to college so I guess that’s the link. As Clara walked to my desk I noticed a red ring around her neck, Clara I jolted what the…but as quick as I had seen it, it was gone. "What Chad"…nothing, I just could have sworn I saw a red ring on your neck. Jesus she giggled you have got to get out of the office man, the florescent lights must be f*****g with your eyes, or my head I suggested,Knowing I haven’t been able to shake this headache in days. I’m good I gestured with my hand, well good Chad we have work to do Clara told me while walking to the door. I tried to stay some distance behind her hoping we would take her car, She had this 2009 Audi r8 with a black leather interior and silver panel with a hidden holster that she kept her Glock 30 in. Me on the other hand had the classic beat up Honda so I figured I had good reason to ride in hers. We’ll take mine Clara signaled me to get in. As we pulled out of the station out of quick glance I noticed a woman by the tree line, her hair looked disheveled, and her body had a strange look to it, as if her entire form had been mangled by someone or something. Time seemed to have stood still, she twisted her head to turn to me, as the woman tried to vocalize her words her face turned the color of dark rain, and her jaw completely disconnected from her face, as if they had only been held together by loosely tied string. My ears rang with the screeching of tires and my body fell weightless as we fell into a ditch on the side of the road. My eyes opened slow, I felt as if i had to pry them open with the little strength I had left. My head spun, but when my vision leveled there was Clara’s head severed, pressed against the steering wheel. Her left eye was protruding out of its socket and her dark brown hair was tangled in between the spaces in the steering wheel. Clara I tried to yell only gurgling on my own blood, we have to…we have to…only at that point did I realize I was trying to comfort my friends decapitated head. I released my seat belt, and fell sideways out of the car, trying to catch myself I fell backward on my wrist AHH.... my f*****g wrist I squealed, I felt like I was going to pass out, but just before I could release another breath something began panting. Ten feet in front of me this dark figure started limping from the same tree line as the Dark Woman. In the process I could hear it struggling to breathe, the light from Clara’s headlight shined forward illuminating the creatures face. It was her... the Dark woman, jaw even more disconnected than before, she inched closer and I began to panic, crawling backwards I frantically backed towards the car to reach for Clara’s gun. Under the seat, under the seat I repeated in my mind, trying to crawl without putting any pressure on my wrist the pain ensued. Oh my god, Jesus f*****g Christ, I reached under the seat cutting my fingers on the shards of glass from the broken windshield, I could feel the gun, but her seat had pinned it into the holster. Pausing from exhaustion I couldn’t work myself to look to see how close she was. In the silence of those few seconds I noticed that the breathing had stopped. To afraid to open my eyes I just decided to lay there and listen to my own heartbeat. As I finally mustered the strength to open my eyes I could not see her. My legs then she began to tug on my legs I screamed as she dragged me from the side of the car into the tree line, clinging to the dirt all I could grab were the fallen leaves. I began to lose my grip on everything I touched every branch broke between me and my wrist hurt to much to grab anything hard. Desperate to escape I screamed louder, she stopped walked over next to my head, she straddled my body leaned over my face my vision became blurry, my ears popped all in a loud raspy voice I heard “Helter Skelter”!

© 2016 Jaco Diablo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on February 6, 2016
Last Updated on February 6, 2016

Author

Jaco Diablo
Jaco Diablo

Dover, DE



About
An aspiring horror writer. more..

Writing