30 Day Writing Challenge

30 Day Writing Challenge

A Story by Jacob Mann
"

I will post all 30 days of my challenge.

"
30 Day Writing Challenge
Day 1
I love the feel of typing. The click of a keyboard or tap of a typewriter both evoke a spark of inspiration. The very act of putting thoughts to words is erotic enough for my brain but the workspace with keys sensitizes my finger tips. I feel the narcotic rush of jubilance when a piece if writing is particularly appealing.  The flow of letters sends an electric pulse through the top of my head to the arches of my hands and then down my fingers to the very edges of my prints. I feel a warm, imaginary string tugging in my posture.
To write things down has been an outlet I have thoroughly enjoyed since I first tried it as an art. A natural passion. With each compliment, my confidence grew. I always liked to draw but lacked an organic prowess and had to practice often. I began to see writing as a natural talent and drawing a mere secondary affinity with little pull compared to my literary abilities.

When I find myself attracted to my own work, I narcissistically relish the project as a new friend. I look back when in need of a boost in ego or simple comfort in nostalgia. I write, therefore I am

© 2012 Jacob Mann


Author's Note

Jacob Mann
Follow my journey of self-discovery through the literary arts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Writing as a narcotic is something a lot of people on here can probably relate to XD Anyway, I can tell you really like writing which is cool...but without a better understanding of this 30 day challenge you're embarking upon, I can't help but wonder where you're going with this. So maybe you should edit your note here or else expand on the one in the next installment to let readers know the specifics of your challenge, then people can read it in its proper context. Self-discovery through the literary arts is just a little too vague, and it makes this feel really incomplete.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
1 Review
Added on April 6, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2012
Tags: writing challenge, 30 days, goal

Author

Jacob Mann
Jacob Mann

Palmer, AK



Writing
Fall Out Fall Out

A Poem by Jacob Mann