On the side

On the side

A Story by James Anthony Love
"

Love, Lust, or Infatuation? Can you choose all three?

"

After a long day at work I had decided to stop by the bar to relax and unwind. My wife and I had a major argument over something stupid this morning so I was in no rush to go home.

 The bar, Rita’s, was a quaint and quiet bar that was adjacent to Marriott. Rita’s is a cool place where people could drink and listen to jazz music. It is my haven when I am having trouble at work or home.

I was on my third drink when I saw her walk into the room. She wore a tight fitting red, my favorite color, strapless dress that accentuated all of her curves. I could not take my eyes off of her.

She walked around like she owned the place. She ignored the men that gawked and goggled as she passed by them. To say that she was sexy would have been an understatement. She shined like a lone star in a clear sky. My eyes followed her all the way to her sit, which was on the opposite side of the bar.

I watched as she turned down several men. She would smile, showing her perfect white teeth, and then politely deny their request. I smiled as I watched and sipped my drink.

She pretended not to see me, but I knew that she knew that I was there. I could have rushed in like the other men, but I played it cool. I could tell by the subtle glances that she sent my way that she was interested; however I wanted to keep her waiting and anticipating.

When I pretended to lose my interest she followed suit and began to talk to the gentleman that was sitting next to her. I smiled because I knew that she was just doing it to make me jealous. She definitely wanted me. Still, I waited because I did not want to seem desperate.

When I could not take it anymore I down the rest of my drink and made my way to her, but not before I removed my wedding band and carefully placed it in my pants’ pocket.

As I walked up to her I noticed that she had a tattoo of a heart that had been stitched back together on her right shoulder blade. It was small and tastefully done. It told me that she had class but she also had a rebellious side to her. It turned me on even more.

“Excuse me,” I said more as a formality than a gesture.

I ignored the man’s sour look and looked directly into her eyes. Up close her beauty was magnified. As she opened her mouth to speak, I admired her body. Her skin was golden bronze like the sun had gently kissed her. Her honey brown locks flowed down over her round face, which was adorned by brown freckles. She had bedroom eyes that were so intense that I almost had to look away. However, I held my ground and I held onto the confidence that I approached her with.

“Yes, may I help you?” She said nonchalantly. Her eyes and her body language betrayed her tone.

Quickly I tried to think of something clever to say. My mind drew a blank. I just knew what I wanted so I decided to let her know.

I simply said, “I want you.”

The guy that she was conversing with chuckled and looked at me with pity. I guess he thought it was a lame attempt.

“Oh really, well how bad do you want me?” She asked as she turned her back on her friend, dismissing him without words.

Dejected, he swallowed his drink and left the bar. Too bad, there could only be one alpha I guess he would have to settle for beta tonight. I took his seat and she turned around and gave me her full attention.

“As bad as you want me,” I replied with a devilish smile.

She nodded and then took out a pen and wrote the numbers, 1222, on a napkin. With that she gathered her things and left without another word.

I guess I will be going home later than I expected. I thought to myself as I ordered one more drink before I followed her lead.

 

 

 

 

When I woke up the next morning it took me a minute to realize where I was. Only streaks of light made it through the curtain into the dark room. Slowly last night’s events replayed in my mind, letting me relive them again this time as a spectator rather than a participant.

I was alone. She was gone but her smell still perfumed the air. I inhaled and instantly the image of her moaning in ecstasy went through my mind’s eye. I wanted to stay and bask in my conquest but it was time to go home, back to my reality.

As I was putting on my clothes I noticed that my wedding ring was sitting on the dresser near the bed. She went through my pants while I slept. Under the ring is a short note written on the same napkin for last night. I grabbed the ring and place it back on my finger as I read the note.

Call me whenever you need someone on the side.

I smile and recite her number from my memory before I stuff the note into my pocket and headed home to my wife.

 

 

 

 

I make it home around ten am. I walk in proudly without any remorse. My wife awaits me at our kitchen table.

“I made breakfast for you,” She says as she sips her coffee.  

I thanked her and then make my way to the table where my plate awaits me. We sit in silence until she breaks it by asking me the question that I have been waiting for since I came through the door.

“So, did you have fun?”

I nod my head and ask, “Did you?”

She doesn’t answer my question instead she just smiles and leaves the room.

Right before she gets through the door I call out to her and say, “Same time next week?”

She stops and looks back at me over the tattoo of the mended heart on her right shoulder blade and replies, “Text me.”

I smiled as I finish enjoying my breakfast.

© 2014 James Anthony Love


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really good. I was fooled till the last. A way to make marriage keep on working...

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
1 Review
Added on August 18, 2014
Last Updated on August 18, 2014
Tags: Love, Cheating, Lust, Infatuatiom

Author

James Anthony Love
James Anthony Love

Oklahoma City, OK



About
I am an independent writer. Looking to get my words out to anyone willing to read them. more..

Writing