A Spiritual Background (Article)

A Spiritual Background (Article)

A Story by James Bonner
"

A look at the spiritual in regards to religion.

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of A Spiritual Background (Article).



I was raised to view spirituality not as a blind devotee unconsciously submitting to the absolute, but rather as a daily truth reminding or guiding us in moments of uncertainty.  As something to keep at the forefront of my conscious self.  I was raised to make a choice.  Looking at life as an opportunity to create myself and embrace, as a result, whichever religion "chooses" me.  

This path of enlightenment (so-to-speak) has lead me to attend a variety of Christian services as well as: Muslim, Buddhism, Hinduism and the like and I've discovered aspects of every faith to have truth.  And I would find that this campaign would become much more than the search for faith.  I expected these truths to be independent of one another bordering on similar but ultimately, different.  I've noticed however that every faith is congruent to the others in every conceivable way but one: the axiom of experiences of those who created the faith at the beginning, as a result of their culture, their traditions, and their misconceptions.  

Regardless of where in the world these ideas were conceived there was a time in which no one understood the stars, the moon, the sun, or our own emotions and feelings.  And though we are all essentially the same we do differ, or we are at least divided by thought.  How we think, what we think and why are different based both on our experiences, and our biology.  We all needed to understand the world around us and the world inside of us so we created, in our image - something we could understand - a concept that became responsible for everything that we couldn't understand.  This one basic idea then spread through diffusion, and then changed and evolved (to some degree) by means of culture, tradition, and the different ways that we perceive them world.  Becoming eventually what we all now know to be God, and religion.  

We didn't even begin to understand many of these concepts until the seventeenth century when what we consider to be modern science was realized, about three and half thousand years after the first few books of the bible had been written, let alone the general concept of religion which had been around quite a bit longer.  And we didn't even begin to form a better understanding of ourselves, our minds or our emotions until the nineteenth century.  Needless to say there is a gap between the birth of religion and the realization of the self and our surroundings.  Still, religion and the idea of God is the one thing that has not evolved with time and a better understanding of ourselves, and of spirituality.  It's as if instead of removing the old wallpaper before replacing it with the new we just glued the new on top of the old, refusing to understand it or to build from it.  

Consider the Law of Attraction, our active thought positive or negative will attract a like reality.  If you frequently have positive thoughts you will bring good things into your life.  We are all more familiar with the concept of Karma.  The creature of our conscious or subconscious thought in relation to our attitude.  Samsara, is a little less known, it is the act of living and the ability to separate yourself from that every day routine yet realizing that you are also a part of the whole.  And love is God.  They are all one and the same.  And this spirituality does not presume ordinance. 

If we listen to our unconscious we might begin to realize that this God is not the creator, (he) did not design us or the universe with some greater purpose in mind.  God is the collection of our unconscious thought.  God is like water, and we are the fish, and a fish does not believe in water.  To the fish water is all that is, there does not exist anything outside of it.  This, is water.  God, water… love is the act of creation, of life, as a result of our conscious or unconscious thought.  

© 2010 James Bonner


Author's Note

James Bonner
An article I am currently working on, it's a bit rough. Enjoy.



Reviews

This is really good! I read it like three times, because it's so truthful!:) Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6 Views
Added on September 29, 2010
Last Updated on September 30, 2010

Author

James Bonner
James Bonner

Santa Fe, NM



About
I am a writer living in Santa Fe, New Mexico. WritersCafe is like my dessert, an opportunity to experiment and develop different aspects of my writing through feedback from fellow writers. more..

Writing
Short Bio Short Bio

A Story by James Bonner