Place I Have Found.

Place I Have Found.

A Poem by James Huston

There is a place i have found. This place is my escape.
In this place people talk to me. We have the wildest journeys.
Because in this place im free. I have not even one worry.
I laugh and enjoy life as one should. I love this place i go to.

I wonder of this place i go. If there is a way to stay.
It is so beautiful whenever i go. The weather is perfect.
This place is never to loud. with only a perfect light amount.
All my stresses leave when i visit. For this place is magic.

pondering the memories i created. The times i enjoyed.
More happy than ever in this place. I drift away in thought.
The creations are wholesome. the feeling is so real.
It is my vacation spot from the world. Only i am aloud to go.

© 2013 James Huston


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well done! Expressive and feeling, aside from some punctuation and capitalization mishaps this is very good for a first time writer of poems. Best advice I could give is to proof read everything at least 10 times. lol...oh yeah and SAVE, SAVE, SAVE....like every time you write 3 or 4 lines. Can't tell you how many times I lost an hours work because I hit a button by mistake.

Posted 10 Years Ago


James Huston

10 Years Ago

i never edit my work haha, iv never edited any poem i make or any essay i write. call me crazy. i ha.. read more
J...I'm beginning to think that you are doing it deliberately...in this poem it's to/too/two in the second stanza/third line. Not sure why you would choose to do this, however. Personally, I find the incorrect use of words or punctuation distracts from a poem. Makes the intended flow and, sometimes, even the meaning you want harder to discern.

This is the second poem of yours, that I've looked at, where you've talked about being 'free'. However, I'm not really sure what you mean when you say that. 'Free' and 'freedom' are both open to various interpretations. I'm curious about what you mean when you use the word. (Maybe this is just because I'm reading 'Twelve Years a Slave'...where someone's freedom to choose or live or work or be happy or whatever was completely taken away from them in every sense of the word.)

Thanx for posting. Hope to hear from you...bobc

Posted 10 Years Ago


it sounds like a perfect place to me.. I wonder if this place is "you" your piece of mind. It was beautiful..

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

James Huston

11 Years Ago

It is perfect. mm your pretty right on with that, thanks for the review. Ill make sure to take a loo.. read more
written in blood

11 Years Ago

you are welcome,, I really enjoyed it

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2013
Last Updated on March 8, 2013

Author

James Huston
James Huston

prescott valley, AZ



About
I dont edit any of my work. Once it is written down i leave it. I dont know go back and change anything. I am terrible at spelling and punctuation. I think it makes my writing unique and different... more..

Writing