6 Things to Never Do in College

6 Things to Never Do in College

A Story by James Wright

If you don’t enjoy your time in college, there may be no lots of free time in the future. But again, with assignments, lectures to attend and sporting activities in your to-do list, life in college can sometimes feel like living in a pressure cooker. At one point you are singing a Cinderella song in the bathroom and the next, a backlog of assignment topics is keeping your face sulking somewhere the library.

In this post, discover things you should avoid while in college.

Never plagiarize assignments

Plagiarism in college has become a major concern around the world. There is a shocking number of digital downloads by students who then use such materials word-for-word when writing essays. But with strict college regulations on matters of citations and referencing in academic papers, many students are falling short of minimum marks that should qualify them for degree conferment.

Now, if you a first-year student �" still learning the nooks and crannies of college life �" plagiarism debate is the best start if you want to succeed.  Never run the risk of copying and pasting works of others and claiming ownership for it. Teachers now use plagiarism checkers to find out if a write-up is unique or copied. You don’t want to end up in the bad books of your lecturer or school administration and risk expulsion for failing a writing test.

Steer clear of lying to professors

There will be times when you get tempted to cheat, but that is not as far it goes. You will be doomed if you lie to your professor of psychology. Having taught for many years, senior lectures understand students by reading their body language. This way, they are able to decipher lies they tell. Don’t cook up c**k and bull stories like I didn’t complete assignment because my roommate locked me out or blame poor quality writing on PC shutdown. You can request for more time on genuine grounds to steer clear of lies that could get you into more trouble.

Don’t wait until last semester to start studying

Life in college, especially freedom that comes is often a reason for poor performance among many students. You may be thinking four years is too long a time to get serious with books and lectures, but that’s a fallacy. Your GPA grade accumulates throughout the years, every semester. Whether it is doing a takeaway assignment, writing an essay on a random topic or enjoying a free ride to a field study, pay very close attention to classes from day one.

Avoid impulse buying

College students are addicted to shopping. It is a habit that gets worse in this age of social media, where everyone is parading their newly acquired priced possessions on Instagram. The truth is that many students fall for it only to realize they no longer have cash to spend on vital things such as paying rent or ordering an essay. If you happen to be in the company of heavy spenders, always remember being in charge of your own finances is better than going with the flow.

Don’t miss presentations

Academic presentations are common phenomena in college, but it doesn’t mean you should miss them. While you can always request for free paper examples on how to come up with a perfect PowerPoint presentation, failing to show up on own accord is always costly. You will lose marks and risk being at loggerheads with your teacher. Like every word that makes up a perfect sentence, presentations count as skill test and also toward overall GPA grading.

Don’t skip group projects

Most employers, if not all, need people who are team players. Now, how else would you harness such a skill if you always skip team projects (whether social or academic) in college? While you may be a loner, don’t ever exclude yourself from group assignments. They don’t just count for interpersonal skills but also toward overall grading.

© 2020 James Wright


Author's Note

James Wright
There are also days when you end up drinking to stupor hence cannot attend lessons or write an essay. Now, whether you always remain with spare time to study, sleep or eat is debatable, but going through free paper examples in readiness for a test is not negotiable. You will also agree that when it comes to drawing a list of things you should never do in college, an excellent essay database on https://studymoose.com/ becomes necessary. You don’t just need a free college essay but also ideas that can help you craft a perfect paper.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on June 20, 2019
Last Updated on September 24, 2020