A World Worth Inheriting

A World Worth Inheriting

A Story by JamesWilliam
"

For too long our world has been falling short of the glory of God. We've been ignoring the most basic of courtesies such as a simple "hello" or "thankyou". A world without manners is a world envelop

"
A World Worth Inheriting 
For too long our world has been falling short of the glory of God.  We've been ignoring the most basic of courtesies such as a simple "hello" or "thankyou".  A world without manners is a world enveloped by greed and chaos.  Each day a new generation is born, and they are destined to inherit a world lacking the values and characteristics that are meant to separate them from animals.  Corruption always starts small.  It can take root in the purest of people or enviornments, slowly progressing its way to full dominance.  The art of corruption is not to overtake all at once, it strategically binds specific areas within a personality or society to gain a stronger foothold to ease its progression to the top. 
The United States of America is sadly acting as a blueprint for this type of unrighteous development.  Thievery, riots, and killings of the innocent flow through the veins of American society as if there is no fear or understanding of what these acts cost and take.  Life is not something that can be repurchased or rebuilt, life is fragile, and we each only have one chance to experience it to the fullest of it's potential.  Each mistake we make may not end our or someone else's life, but no matter how small that mistake may be there will always be a slight scar whether it is a memory, an injury, or the loss of something far more precious.  These scars are not put in place to hold us back, they are designed to act as stepping stones for us not only as an entire nation, but as a species to understand and learn from our own mistakes so that we may move forward from the corruption and make the world that we live in a righteous place once more.  It is a simple task of going against what is right, the real challenge for mankind is fixing what we have destroyed so many times before.  We have shattered the meaning of "United" States and become something much less.  Race and ethnicity have nothing to do with these problems, we are each our own and are responsible for contributing to the well-being of the world that we live in.  
As God and America as my witnesses I challenge each and every one of us to take a chance to make a postive change in our own lives and especially the lives of those around us.  We are crumbling, so it is time to save what matters most, the future.  This world is not just for those that are reading or hearing this, it is for those that have not yet been born and will eventually inherit it.  It is our job now to help craft and save a world that will be worth inheriting.                               -James William

© 2015 JamesWilliam


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

NIV Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."


Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Added on January 9, 2015
Last Updated on January 9, 2015
Tags: Nonfiction, manners, loyalty, love, fiction, fantasy, poem, essay, drama, romance, short story, corruption

Author