The woman of my dreams...

The woman of my dreams...

A Poem by Jamestown
"

Searching for love...

"
The woman of my dreams,
Where are you?

When I close my eyes, you feel so near, but when there open, you don't appear.
When I'm sleeping, I feel you in my heart, but when I'm awake, we're still apart.

I know your out there searching for me too, and I want you to know, I'm longing for you.
I'm so sick of this game of hide and seek, I pray to God, today we meet.

I can't continue to live a life of eye's wide shut, I need you with me, it's a must.

Where are you?
The woman of my dreams,
God only knows, where you could be...

© 2015 Jamestown


Author's Note

Jamestown
God is good..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really felt this poem. It's very pure and expresses great longing. We as people all have this basic need, but it can be such a battle to fulfill it. Great piece my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jamestown

9 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out, you are very kind, b-blessed!
Heartfelt and has a nice flow poem !
All of us yearning for one true love who'll complete us without malice in the heart .
Best wishes with your searching Jamestown :-) May you'll find her in near future ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jamestown

9 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out and kind wishes, I appreciate it, b-blessed!
I like this...it speeks to the mind of man.
So eagerly does the world stack labels on man.(player,cheater,unfaithful)
But it the deepest parts all we want is love.
Find her and never let go.......


Posted 9 Years Ago


I understand this poem. Took me 36 years to find my dear wife.
"Where are you?
The woman of my dreams,
God only knows, where you could be..."
Funny part is. When I gave up. She came to me. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote


Posted 9 Years Ago


Oh wow. I feel the exact same way, except for not about a woman. LOL! Kidding aside, it is a very beautiful poem. It tells of the longing you feel in your heart and I connect with that completely. It's nice to know there are others out there who feel the exact same way I do. I hope that someday you find that woman. Beautiful work, darling!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Love and longing...your words are soft and romantic. I hope you find her!
Welcome to Writerscafe!
:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Vin
This took me back to a certain point in my life...I can relate greatly.

Posted 9 Years Ago


God is good, all the time! He's got the perfect woman all planned out for you! As far as this poem goes, it's absolutely incredible. I like the way you put it together, with an unorthodox feel yet a very familiar rhyme scheme. Love it! Incredibly penned.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I't amazing , the words touched my soul really ! so emotional . Great poem !!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I think there's a test of some kind that we must endure, before we are granted "the love of our life". It's all in our faith, for at the most likely of times, it is known to happen!

Just hang in there, and believe! ...and keep writing!

Kelly

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

678 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 21, 2015
Last Updated on January 21, 2015

Author

Jamestown
Jamestown

Denver, CO



About
Fun, spontaneous, outgoing, God fearing man. Enjoy reading and have a passion to write. PTL. ... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..