Challenges

Challenges

A Story by Jamie R. Robillard Sr.
"

This is an Essay, not a story.

"

To those that have stood beside me , even when I lacked faith in myself, you have my everlasting gratitude, respect and love. You are the Corner Stones that my life is built upon. There is noway I could possibly repay you for all of your kindness and respect.


To those that have condescended me and have been intolerant of my flaws, even when you had no cause to be, thank you as you also have my everlasting gratitude, respect and love. You are the foundation of my life. More than any other person I know you have motivated, challenged, and driven me to success. I could not have been me, without you. There is no way I can repay this debt to you.


To those that have been apathetic and had no interest in my life, despite that I tried earnestly to be there for you, thank you as you also have my everlasting gratitude, respect and love. You have taught me humility, tolerance and compassion. Without you I would be far less of a human being. There is no way I can ever repay my debt to you.


To those that I have never met and do not know me, just by circumstance, I can barely wait to meet you. You are my future and the person that will invest so much of your energy into building my character, wisdom and perspective to meet the challenges I will need in that era of my life. I will owe you more than I can ever repay someday, and I will do my best to be a positive contribution in your life. But how you receive me is not my option it is entirely your choice.


To those that I will never meet, due to time constraints, I want to thank you for the many ways you have improved my life though I cannot even fathom how you have. You have influenced others that have indirectly had an indirect or direct influence on me. I thank you for filling this need and I owe you a debt I can never repay.

When I tell you that you need to love your enemies, I am not being witty or sarcastic. I mean it emphatically and quite literally. How a person treats you is beyond your control. How you react and use their influence on your life is entirely up to you. They are not responsible if you fail to accept all the wonderful experiences they can bring to your life, if you let them.


No one will fail me because I will not allow that to happen. I will find a way to make their influence a positive one. If I do not meet this challenge then I have truly failed myself. You may say this is impractical or unrealistic and I tell you it is not optional. What we do not use to build ourselves up with, will be used to bury us with.


© 2014 Jamie R. Robillard Sr.


Author's Note

Jamie R. Robillard Sr.
These are the types of thoughts that occupy my mind. This particular essay was an epiphany I just had, and I have not edited it at all. I hope you can make some use of it.

And yes, I know I have an altruist attitude and that I am an Idealist.

Some say that I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Tis said that one becomes every place ever visited, every quote ever read, ever war or love ever experienced.. and, a part of each person ever encountered by hand, eye, ear or heart.

Seems your words are a welcome sign, inviting experience and emotion to step nearer so you can exchange rather than greedily snatch from. Tis like it or not, a communion of spirit.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jamie R. Robillard Sr.

8 Years Ago

Thanks for your kind words.

It is my philosophy that we are what we accept of our exp.. read more



Reviews

Tis said that one becomes every place ever visited, every quote ever read, ever war or love ever experienced.. and, a part of each person ever encountered by hand, eye, ear or heart.

Seems your words are a welcome sign, inviting experience and emotion to step nearer so you can exchange rather than greedily snatch from. Tis like it or not, a communion of spirit.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jamie R. Robillard Sr.

8 Years Ago

Thanks for your kind words.

It is my philosophy that we are what we accept of our exp.. read more
Jamie, it's early in the morning and what a fine way to begin the day. I admire your wisdom and perspective. Some time ago I read a biography of Einstein and what struck me was his optimism. Then, what I gathered was that those working in some of the sciences understand that so much of our understanding of the world is illusory, that what we feel for certain (such as time) is not the precise constant that most of us consider it to be. Most of us proceed through life bumping up against opinions/perspectives without a sense of the fluidity of all things and therein lies our downfall. It seems to me that you have captured that. I have the ability to choose how I will view what happens in my life. I choose to be positive and I am grateful that I am able to make that choice. Thanks for giving me some further inspiration to power on in that choice.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jamie R. Robillard Sr.

8 Years Ago

You are very welcome and thanks for the kind review.
I really enjoyed the inspirational, resilient, positive tone of this piece.. this is a great attitude to have and one I wholeheartedly agree with.. some say I am a dreamer, but I see I am not the only one.. :P

there are a few places I would add punctuation to, but overall this is a very strong piece.. I did notice one thing..

"To those that I will never meet, do to time constraints,".. did you mean "due"?...

I really enjoyed this one, it is deep, moving, thought-provoking, and real.. the ending was perfect.. well done.. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jamie R. Robillard Sr.

9 Years Ago

I sure did mean due :), Thanks April
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

you're quite welcome, glad I could help:)
What a brilliant write and words I have grown accustomed to you saying, to be so passionate and loving it is not a trait many have. You really are a great human being and one day maybe I will be too. love you dad and amazing write, I hope that one day many will see things the way you do, it would truly be a beautiful world.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jamie R. Robillard Sr.

9 Years Ago

Thanks Jamie.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

399 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 7, 2014
Last Updated on October 8, 2014
Tags: Essay

Author

Jamie R. Robillard Sr.
Jamie R. Robillard Sr.

Macon, GA



About
First and foremost I am a humanitarian. There is nothing about me that is more significant. I do not wish to be remembered for what I have or will accomplish. I wish to be remembered for how I helped .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..