Its not a love story

Its not a love story

A Story by Anindita Janhabee
"

Sometimes, best friends behave like lovers and it becomes difficult for us to judge or get the exact relation...

"

‘‘The track of life continues, life as a train keeps moving but one doesn’t know where his destination is…’’ These were my words after my best friend left me alone. Our friendship has become the past but the memories are still present…

There is no ‘once upon a time’ or ‘accident of cycles’. But the day I met Rihaan was special for me, the day which comes once a year in everyone’s life as birthday. And as Rihaan met me on my birthday, he was just like a gift from God. Our friendship grew miraculous as we began thinking about each other the whole day. He had become ‘Admirable Rihaan’ while I was called ‘Adorable Jenny’. It seemed like we were on the top of the world. The never ending conversations and innumerable jokes made us more closer. We were turned enchanted and elated with the unique friendship we shared. Our friendship had become popular among our class-mates too.

The first person whom I would see when I reached school was Rihaan. He would wait for me at the school gate, holding a book. We wouldn’t talk, though. We would just smile at each other in order to start a good day. Next, would meet at the 2nd place which was an imaginary place (me standing upstairs, out of my class room and Rihaan, downstairs of the front block; where we would keep staring at each other and share almost everything even without saying a single word). I didn’t ever expect to come across a friend who was so admirable, understanding, funny, smart, intelligent and good-looking at the same time. He had changed my thought of being ‘unnoticed’ as he used to notice each little thing in me. He was the first person to ask me about the wishes of my life and also the first person to be my friend who appreciated my inner beauty. He liked my way of being simple, my way of helping others, my way of writing poetry; in short, he just liked the way I am myself.

Unlike every story of friendship, ours was unusual and rare because it lasted for a limited time of only three months. Neither there was a fight nor a misunderstanding. It was the distance which made us apart, separated two inseparable friends. For me it was the saddest moment of my life which made me apart from Rihaan. I liked him beyond his imaginations and I am sure he did it too. We knew that we met at the last bit and were soon going to be apart. Therefore, we enjoyed each moment of those three months with boundless felicity. We chose to spend every moment together so we never remained absent in the school during those three months. And in the Sundays, we would meet at the 3rd place (it was the internet site where we had instant messaging for hours together), which gave me immense pleasure " back to back replies within ten seconds… Along with chocolates, we shared smiles and tears and with every passing day, our friendship had started to grow and became strong. Those fights and make-ups, stealing and gifting, staring and ignoring, joking and feeling, smiling and blushing were no more going to happen to me. Nor would anyone call me ‘adorable’. So we enjoyed together till the last bit, the three entire months. Before Rihaan left the town, he wanted me to wish him ‘good bye’ with a smiling face. And I did that because that was his last wish he demanded from me. I was already disconsolate. Besides, I wanted to say him thanks for all that he had done to make me smile, all that he had taught me, the adorableness he had seen in me and all the wonderful moments he had spent with me. So I penned down a poem related to our friendship and requested him to read the poem before he left. And he was so happy reading the poem that he almost began to cry.

Next, it was the time for being apart and the kind of pain I got when he left me alone was just unbearable. Then, the school gate would be lonely, the 2nd place- lacking someone special and the 3rd place - empty. After shedding tears for nights and missing his presence for days, I felt like I was the weakest and also the saddest one. After two months, I was changed. I smiled, of course, but that was just a mask I had put on to cover the deep grief in me… Rihaan had been the perfect supporter of mine who would point out my sadness at once even when I would smile at him. He would refill the joy and tranquility in me by just speaking some words. But without him, I felt like I was the loneliest in the whole world, like the sky which I was about to touch had extended its limits, like the reason of my smiles had vanished somewhere. I was badly missing my Admirable. Calling or messaging Rihaan was of no value as he either rejected the call or just ignored. That was not his rudeness perhaps, only because talking to me meant listening to my cry first, which made him feel weak. Thus, we seldom talked or messaged. I had never felt so lonely like I did in those two months.  All those had become my ‘past’ which I did not know existed in everyone’s life…

At first, I felt comfortable sitting alone in my room, re-reading my conversations with Rihaan, viewing his pictures, reading his poems again and again and shedding tears by remembering his face " his smile, anger, blush, rudeness, laugh and all that I had seen in the past few months. I was totally depressed, like, my world was turned upside down. I loved doing all those things which made me even sadder. Next, I started writing few lines about my feelings and by chance, those lines turned into a poem. I felt a bit relaxed when I read that. Then, I tried once again. And I wrote another poem which was better than the first one. I wanted him to read those but it was quite unfortunate for me.

As the time passed by, I made myself busy with my studies. But still, I just couldn’t place Rihaan aside even for a while. I engaged my mind with my studies while my heart was still engaged thinking of him. After trying a lot to forget the past, I did not succeed. Later, I discovered " ‘’I cannot ever forget Rihaan. He may not think of me each day but each moment I’ll keep wishing the best for him. Even though I was not the best for him, he was the most perfect for me…’’

I was really grateful to have had such a past which was just like my best dream ever. Those days were the best days of my life and I wished those days to come back into my life. Sometimes, our past becomes our future and I hoped the same for myself.

I remember Rihaan saying, ‘’Friendship is God’s blessing. If you have it, then nothing is better than that and even if you lose it, you have still not lost the battle…’’ And me replying, ‘’Some infinites are more than other infinites. Some people seek the happiness of five hundred days in just one day and some people take five hundred days to seek the happiness of a single day…’’

After passing days and nights thinking about Rihaan and re-reading his messages, I finally realized that ‘PAST’ is not just a word of four letters " P, A, S and T. It is something which is sometimes good and sometimes bad. And ‘my’ past, of course was very good " a beautiful experience I had with my best friend. Besides, I discovered that the infinite sweet moments that I have shared with Rihaan can’t be regarded as ‘regret’ only because of one moment (the moment we were made apart). People say that one can’t start the next chapter of his life until and unless he comes off the past. But according to me, this is applicable only to the people with negative vision. Because I thought, ‘past is not to be accepted and forgotten all the time; it can also be re-written in the best possible way, may be in the future.’ And then I realized how truthful my friendship was for Rihaan and how colorless my world was without him…

In order to draw a conclusion, I started finding the real me. What people said did not matter to me because I knew that I was different from them. So were my thoughts and vision. Some people tried accepting the past and some just forgetting it.

My loneliness and sadness may force me to forget the past. But I opt to try my best to put it into my future. Without believing my destiny or fate, I aspire to get back Rihaan in any way. All that Rihaan had done for me is just beyond my imaginations. As he went far away from me, I could not return him anything. Neither I could drive away his loneliness nor could I be with him to hold his hands and support him. We had promised each other to be in touch even after being apart where as it did not seem to happen. Now, we just meet in the 4th place i.e. in my dreams… I wish Rihaan would remember me forever. But I feel myself quite indefinite for this wish. I have lost my best friend, of course, but I am determined enough to find him in the future. I hope we’ll meet again someday, at some special place, when I’ll recognize his face and he’ll recognize mine… And then, I will let him know how colorless my life was without him… Rihaan was my past, he is lost in my present but I will endeavor to make him my future. 

 I just want to go against the past. And I want the past to know that it is not meant to be accepted all the time. Neither is it meant to be forgotten. It can also be put into the future in the best possible way. I intend to write my own story " my own life, beyond destiny or fate. All of us live with our past. All of us allow it to shape our future. But some of us know how to shrug the past. I think that is who I am…

 

                                 

 

© 2016 Anindita Janhabee


Author's Note

Anindita Janhabee
This is not a fiction, totally a real experience...
Sometimes, feelings do not stay in the heart for long, like, the pains..
So I penned down those to form a story... my first story..
Hope you'll enjoy...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice one .......one straight from heart
Filled with emotions and feelings

Posted 7 Years Ago


The past makes us who we are now. The present defines the choices we make, and our choices define the future.
I loved reading this work. You very vibrantly showcased your emotions.
*clap* *clap*

Posted 7 Years Ago


Anindita Janhabee

7 Years Ago

So true .... thank you....
Nwang

7 Years Ago

You r welcome :)
It was emotional...
I am also of same opinion regarding "past"
I was trying to become strong but can't hold myself...
You are a brave girl..
Stay blessed :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


I really loved it!

Our friendship has become the past but the memories are still present...

This is my favorite line in the whole story.
Thank You for sharing :) !!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Anindita Janhabee

7 Years Ago

Thanks dear for the warm review...
Good write, keeps the reader focused. Creative, lovely, and just an all around a good story, Keep up the good work

Posted 7 Years Ago


Anindita Janhabee

7 Years Ago

thanks for the visit friend : )
This is a very sweet and sad tale. Understandably, you are both young and have shared something beautiful.
When friendship is intense and love is deep then the distance of place does not affect it in any way.
You could always stay in touch by telephone or the 3rd place that you have mentioned.
What I gather by this story is that you are a very innocent and genuine person and you had and you still love him intensely. Your innocent heart has been deeply hurt and you want him in your life in the future.
What I can say about Rihaan is that he is not as genuine in friendship as you had been.
When you were around you had been the best. Now that he has left for another place he feels it is convenient to forget you. "Out of sight, out of mind."
In today's day of net and mobile phones there is really no such thing as distance.
My heart reaches out to you and I am glad that you have gathered yourself and are trying to move ahead.
A benign heart of a young girl doess not forget easily. Your dreams have been broken and you are still trying to collect the shards and complete the picture once again.
If I was in your place and he crossed my path in the future, I would choose to conveniently ignore him.
You deserve better.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Anindita Janhabee

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for this wonderful review sir... It means a lot to me.. in terms of support as wel.. read more
Shabeeh Haider

7 Years Ago

I hope I did not hurt your feelings. I was thinking of deleting this review. I am relieved after rea.. read more
i love the title of the story !!
your creativity is great !!
amazing write my friend !!
i'm also trying to write a story but every time i finished writing a chapter i just lost focus !!!
but your story is really good and nicely planned

Posted 7 Years Ago


Anindita Janhabee

7 Years Ago

thank you for the encouragement my friend...
Friendship is one of the most beautiful things that can happen to us . You are lucky to have friend who is caring . Life is not always fair -get used to it . But I hope everything happens good in future and you can meet your friend again . The story is nice.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Anindita Janhabee

7 Years Ago

thank you for stopping by and enjoying. I am glad that you did take out a little from your precious .. read more
"Even though I was not the best for him, he was the most perfect for me…" I really needed to hear that. Thank you for sharing your special story, it was truly beautiful to read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Anindita Janhabee

7 Years Ago

thank you so much dear for the beautiful words.. they mean a lot!! your DP looks very nice...
Everyone does have such kind of friends and you had yours were the relation is far beyond understanding and explainable..........And this is life be prepared you will be getting few more surprises and i hope those shall be the good ones....

Posted 7 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

491 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 31, 2016
Last Updated on August 20, 2016

Author

Anindita Janhabee
Anindita Janhabee

Jeypore, Odisha, India



About
"Writing as a part of my day seems to be the best hobby. And as a part of my life seems to be the perfect partner..." Hello!!! A little about me- Being a 16 yr old, I am currently enjoying th.. more..

Writing