Hate

Hate

A Poem by JanieB
"

Written about my ex. partner. Hate is not an emotion I am familiar with, I have got to the point where I feel it now.

"

Hate

 

Hate is a very strong word

Hate is an overwhelming feeling

Hate is uncontrollable

Hate, hate, hate..

 

Those pent up feelings

They eventually come out

Come out when you least expect it

Bang! Hate!

 

How can I hate someone so much?

How could I have got to this stage of anger?

When you think you can trust someone

Then they let you down so badly

 

Hurt you more than you could ever imagine

Words that send daggers to the heart

Lies and deceit so unimaginable

Hate! That’s what I feel..Hate!!

© 2011 JanieB


Author's Note

JanieB
Hate is not an emotion that I am familar with, however, I have got to the point with my ex. partner.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Unfortunately, everyone ends up feeling this sooner or later. When you have the ability to write about this feeling and move past it, you are a natural writer. I can tell that this is what you were trying to accomplish in your writing.
I can feel your emotion through this, which is what really makes a poem. But besides that I can also feel how the hatred slowly builds up throughout the poem. It starts by making me think this is just another poem about heartbreak and relationships, but I feel like this goes a bit deeper.
If I had to suggest something to make it better, I would say make it longer! I was disappointed by how short the poem was. I wanted more.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
y&r
Ahh. I feel your hatred even without the two exclamations at the back. Replace them with a period. A period ends it more firmly. An exclamation mark makes it sound pretty desperate to impact readers but it doesn't, really. Two of them ruins everything. Your constant repetition is really enough to tell me that you hate hate HATE.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hate is a big word and you did a fine job bringing it out in this piece.
Excellent write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


a good poem which emphasise on hate again and again!
i like the rush/ flow of feelings throughout and how you construct the poem!
you uncanny way of constructing it in an irregular way with no rhythmic pattern somehow makes it fit in the concept of Hate!

Good luck for the contest!

Raingel (Daveena)^^



Posted 12 Years Ago


This gets the reader thinking from the start. I like the fluency, too. I've experienced the emotions of anger and hate a few times in my life. They aren't pleasant, and I feel really bad afterwards. "Those pent up feelings" - And this is definitely correct. The more you keep hate bottled up inside you, it will release itself sooner or later, when you least expect it. I really, really enjoyed reading this and you're a talent that has a lot of promise in the poetic field. Great read!


Posted 12 Years Ago


Very nice done

Posted 12 Years Ago


The structure made it easy to absorb your words, so well done :) The description you gave was really accurate - I know someone who fits the bill exactly, but I shan't go into detail about that now ;) All the way through I had the image of myself shaking with anger and hate towards somone, and you captured that esscence really well. Overall, this is a really accurate description of what it's like to hate someone, and a moving poem in a new, refreshing way :) great job, well done :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with Sweets! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great poem!
this totally defines hate...
Great poem!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nicely done hate is not a word most people aren't associated with when it come to their feelings as you said its strong word and we try not to feel that way toward others or something but, sometimes our feeling overwhelm for reason unknown. Anyways you did a wonderful job describing the word hate and a position of which it surfaces. Anyways excellent job of the calling of hate and to which we feel some times in the worst matter until we have moved on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice Hate...........

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

515 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2011
Last Updated on August 4, 2011

Author

JanieB
JanieB

Paphos, Europe, Cyprus



About
I started writing in October '10. A real new bee to this world of writing. I currently live in Cyprus, where I have been since 2005. I am British, and have spent many years living abroad. Please j.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..