Waltz

Waltz

A Story by Japaniak
"

Vlad takes dance lessons from Vivi, much to his dismay. Fluff ensues

"

 

 Waltz

 

For some odd reason or another, All Saints Day was always a big day for partying in Heaven. There were usually several big bashes going on, especially in the City, which included food, music, and dancing. It was also traditional for the male angels to bring dates, and Vladimir Dyakov knew he was no exception to that. He really wanted to bring Laurel, the young angel he had recently gotten acquainted with and befriended, but he had a slight dilemma.

 

Vlad couldn’t dance at all. Some people even said he had two left feet. He really wanted to ask Laurel out and dance with her at the party they were both looking forward to in the central part of the city, but he knew he needed help. He knew whom to call though, and he knew that he was in good hands when it came to dancing.

 

“Nma, you want to learn to dance?” Vivi asked as Vlad set down the bottle of water he had gotten on the way to her and Mikey’s house.

 

“Yes.” He answered. “Because I have no sense of rhythm.”

 

“I can fix that.” Vivi answered. “Come here.”

 

Vlad complied and stepped forward. “We’ll start with the basics. Nma, I’m going to teach you how to waltz.”

 

“Why can’t you just teach me how to dance something more… contemporary?”

 

Vivi blinked. “That coming from Vladisaurus? Wow…”

 

“I want to ask Laurel out for next week!” Vlad snapped. “Please, Vivi…”

 

“…Nma, anyway. You’ll have to learn to waltz before you can run, Vlad.” Vivi told him, turning on a slow waltz at which Vlad made a face. “What?”

 

Vlad chuckled a bit. “I recognize this one from when I was a kid.”

 

The younger angel groaned, her point proven. “Hold your arm out to one side.”

 

Vlad held out his right arm and Vivi put her hand in his.

 

“Nma, now gently place your other hand on my waist.”

 

“Do I have to? I don’t like you that way…”

 

“Pretend I’m Laurel then.” Vivi deadpanned as she put her hand on his shoulder and he put his hand on her hip. “Now, all waltzes are in ¾ time. You just have to find the beat. Nma, I’ll lead at first so you can get a feel to it, but by the time we’re done, you have to do the leading.”

 

Vlad looked confused. “Why?”

 

“Because the man is supposed to lead. Always.” Vivi answered as she began counting aloud. Vlad really was an extremely clumsy dancer, and this fact became more evident as they kept bumping into each other’s feet. Slowly, the blonde was losing patience. “Nma, I give you permission to look down at your feet. Your goal is to not have yours crash into mine.”

 

Vlad glanced down at his boots, carefully avoiding Vivi’s feet as they moved around the dance floor. “Vivi, can I try to lead now?” He asked nervously.

 

Vivi looked up at him with concern as they stopped. “Do you think you’re ready to lead?”

 

“I’ll figure it out.” The doctor replied. “I’m a fast learner.”

 

“Nma… very well then.” She answered, counting to three twice before he started to lead. “Easy, Vlad… you’re dancing, not working in construction! Gentle!”

 

After a while, they finally got to the point where Vlad could dance a waltz without much trouble. He was still a little shaky, but he only needed a little more practice. “Now what?” He queried.

 

“Now you get to learn how to slow dance. It’s all you’ll really need for a party anyway.” Vivi replied. “Nma, put your hands on my waist again…”

 

Vlad put his hands on the petite girl’s waist once again as she reached for his shoulders. He noted how she almost had to stand on her toes in order to keep her hands there. Inwardly, he laughed. Sometimes he wondered what it would be like to be so tiny again, but right now, the world was more interesting while he watched her struggle to keep both of her hands up on his shoulders.

 

“Okay, now just move slowly back and forth…” Vivi instructed.

 

Vlad complied, noting how much easier this was than the waltz. “That’s it? This is easy.”

 

“Yup. This is all you need to know.” Vivi answered, turning off the music and breaking off from the dance.

 

“You mean you made me waltz for nothing?!” Vlad snapped angrily.

 

Vivi shook her head. “Nma, not for nothing. It was rather fun seeing you struggle and get mad at yourself. And the tripping, that was hilarious.”

 

“Argh… you little sadist! Get back here!” The man with the natural permanent shouted as he chased after her. Now all he had to do was pummel Vivi and ask Laurel if she wanted to go with him and everything would be fine for him.

© 2009 Japaniak


Author's Note

Japaniak
I hope to add more explanation later, but please give me your opinion of the dialogue and the flow of the writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on April 12, 2009

Author

Japaniak
Japaniak

About
Japaniak is my nickname in real life, too. It's a combination of my real name and the word "Japan" since I've been there as an exchange student. I'm not a poet, but I love to write prose and joined.. more..

Writing
My Star My Star

A Story by Japaniak


1905 1905

A Story by Japaniak