A vision

A vision

A Poem by Jared braden
"

Inspired by a new hope for our generation. A change that is destined to come.

"
A vision
Through these eyes I see the pain. 

I see the hate
I see the shame.

I see the anger and all the blame.
Alongside these things I see what most cannot.

I see an idea that most have now forgot.

I see love in the heart and freedom in the mind.

I see it in every person of every kind.

And I see these things we were taught to confine.
Now I see a time when these things will run free again.

I see the end of the battle.
I see love win. 

I see a time when these things will begin to show.

I see this is as the time when we’ll begin to grow.
-Jared Braden

© 2013 Jared braden


Author's Note

Jared braden
Opinions and thoughts welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you very much. I have just recently gotten into writing and plan to keep moving forward with it. Only time will tell what will become of it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This to me was written from a younger perspective, giving love time to grow. Nurturing the light to come forth from the darkness and let fate decide the course of the ultimate factors. I have to say I have read a couple of your pieces and I am a fan of your work. I like rhyming in poetry although some consider it to be taboo. I will be reading more and look forward to more of your talent!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Seems you wrote this one in a speech form..by the repetitiveness in the usage of "I see..." this would sound good as a spoken verse...by the way you design the over all theme...

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 18, 2013
Tags: Vision, inspiration, change, poem, poetry, hope, motivation, love, awakening

Author

Jared braden
Jared braden

Payson, AZ



About
I'm 18 years old and currently reside in Arizona. Just recently I've been getting back into writing. I'm currently working to compile a book of poetry and do what I need to to get it published. I kind.. more..

Writing
Water Water

A Poem by Jared braden