Old One Eye and the lawmen

Old One Eye and the lawmen

A Story by Rip the cowdog
"

A story about One eye ,and his brush with the lawmen of the county.

"
The day started out as usual with the sunshine being too bright for some of us to go outside, our headaches and the glare from the sun light showing through those darned windows, made a mans hangover worse than it already was. I laid there in my bunk and mulled over the thought of getting up, and seeing if the rest of the crew was in shape to move around a little today. the clock was telling the time of day, with the tick tock tick...ringing in my ears, disgusted with not being able to go back to sleep, I got up and sat on the edge of my bed.... The empty Jim Beam bottle was still on the table across the room, well another day shot to pieces, was what had crossed my mind, and the rest of my drinking associates were probably waking up to same feeling I had. that terrible, empty ,gut wrenching ,hangover from too much of a good time feeling. ' ''What a terrible way to serve the Lord'....I could hear my old Sunday school teacher say in the back of my mind.She did a good job teaching us our lessons in church, and reading those stories from her old,old, bible that looked like it weighed ten pounds or so. If she was still alive today, and saw how me and old one eye and the rest of us was living a life of sinning, and drinking, in what she used to call those houses of ill repute....There is no doubt in my mind, that woman would whip  the back of our legs and buttocks with a broom stick ,and pull  on our ears at the same time, Quoting  scripture while we was all being thrashed and punished, and then make us all sit next to her in church, so every body could see that we had mended our ways.....Mrs. Robertson was one Righteous, God fearing woman that you simply did not mess with. Those thoughts of how things were years ago crept across my mind as I got dressed to go over to One eye's house. Surely he would have something to drink and get this bland feeling out of my system, or may be even get a card game going with the rest of our crew, and listen to some Guns & Roses all night. Last time we had the local cops down at One eyes place, we all went to jail for public intoxication, disorderly conduct, and what ever else the  Police Chief  and the county deputy could think of. That was the night it took five lawmen to load up old One eye, and he broke two pairs of handcuffs in the process. to get him outside of the house was a job nobody wanted to do, so they waited for him on the front porch... when he staggered out side to throw another beer bottle at the police cruiser they zapped him a couple of times with a Taser, that only pissed him off and the fight was on!  Me and the rest of the fella's watched from the comfort of the back seat of a deputies cruiser,... it was one heck of a showdown, Those lawmen circled around One eye and one by one they dog piled him, then started beating him with those batons. It took about twenty minutes to wear him down, He cussed them with every breath he had,... Damn he was mad! The deputy who arrested us earlier  was the poor guy at the bottom of the pile. and after it was all over he had to catch his breath , sitting on the hood of the police chiefs car with sweat pouring off of him in buckets,..... the things we learned in bars.....Old  One Eye got to ride in a van all by himself,.. they even had shackles on his legs, and had put chains around his waist, then chained him to the floor. I watched as the lawmen closed the door of the transport van, It would be ten months before we got to see poor One eye again, and thirty days before I would get to see freedom again myself. 

© 2011 Rip the cowdog


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Old One eye is still around,.. A little older and somewhat fatter.... I apologize for the punctuation, but this was done at the last minute....

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
1 Review
Added on December 24, 2011
Last Updated on December 26, 2011
Tags: a short story
Previous Versions