Fission Mind

Fission Mind

A Poem by NightShade
"

For the great ones who suffered and were then discarded.

"

White bridge of Fire. 

Cathedral windowed portals to the stars: Stones winged by sailing harps--Whelming into song; Aeole Elohim! 

Dark poet of ships light on black ocean. 

I also anvil on the bridge. Perilous of fire. The wondrous forge in pale suspension over tides--The windswept altar onto night. 

To kiss destiny like one white meteor. Extinguished... 

You, consumed by fire, long generations ago. 

The world... 

The world knows few heroes before the go and most greatnesses are famed pettily in small frames and craven images for even smaller minds. 

The world knows you little. 

Like God, you failed... 

Men shudder from sidereal scale--Sunploding and the awe inspiring voids! 

You poem the utter vastness: Terse eternity. 

Wordsea neutrons, dense stuff of condensed stars; massing heavier than thick planet cores. 

Fission mind 

opening infinitudes for memory...

© 2011 NightShade


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poety is hard for me to review because I'm not a technically astute poet/editor, but you use very dense prose, thick with imagery and meaning, and I like that. Of all your great turns of phrase, I'd give "Terse Eternity" Best of Show.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 17, 2011
Last Updated on March 17, 2011

Author

NightShade
NightShade

Los Angeles, CA



About
Rather than go on about myself, I think that I'll just post some of my work and THEN you'll know me a bit better, eh? more..

Writing