Getting Drunk At Al's

Getting Drunk At Al's

A Poem by NightShade
"

Physics really can be very strange. Not as strange as the physicists themselves though...

"

Getting Drunk at Al's


The party was in full swing and everyone was there (virtually). Planck poured me a brew with just the right head of quantum foam. Euclid said his was flat...


And the choir sang: OHM


I had a feeling in my G.U.T. that this was going to be an interesting eternity. Speaking of that, Hubble was expanding, so I decided to stay away from his astronomical and the beandip!


And the choir sang: OHM


Penrose was harping about his state of mind, Davies lost his and Mach told them both to "Be over there...Now!" Of course, Bell, was everywhere...


And the choir sang: OHM


Bohm was sewing the fabric of space-time but I could see the stitching in his seamless whole. Shrodinger just had to let the cat out of the bag. Was it alive or dead? You tell me so I can paradigm shift to the Other universe!


And the choir sang: OHM


Pauli and Fermi extolled the virtues of botany as they smoked just a wee too much Alpha and watched a myriad of particles drift by frenetically. I'm sure they had done some of Gell-man's quirky quarks (Muster Mark had three). As was Pauli's rule, I was excluded...

And the choir sang: OHM


Talk about a wild party! De Broglie surfed the luminous waves in the pool. Dirac danced a jig, round and round. Oppenheimer was being "Kid Dyno-mite" while Feynman summed up history by staggering every which way from A to B. It was quite obvious that Chandrasekhar had reached his limit by the time he entropied off the balcony!


And the choir sang: OHM


Hawking multi-tasked; setting his clock to imaginary time and playing ping-pong with Christopher Reeves. Now who the hell invited HIM? The electron cloud of sight and sound dispersed with his victorious cry: "I--Win, A-gain Christ-opher! In-Your-face!" ...Uh... No comment!


And the choir sang: OHM


So I traversed the path of least resistance; carefully declining a game of billiards with Newton (Everyone knows he'd cheat when you turned your back anyway) and settled down to a discussion about the certainty of Uncertainty with Heisenberg and Al... He doesn't shoot craps... But true to his name, he was One Stoned...


YES Einstein! God, does indeed play games at dice. The question is: Are they loaded?


OHM

© 2011 NightShade


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was frickin' brilliant! I almost couldn't read it 'cause of my laughter! Nice work!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 18, 2011
Last Updated on March 18, 2011

Author

NightShade
NightShade

Los Angeles, CA



About
Rather than go on about myself, I think that I'll just post some of my work and THEN you'll know me a bit better, eh? more..

Writing