It ends as it begins

It ends as it begins

A Story by Jason Drake
"

this is in the character's mindset

"

Here you are again. Standing in the same situation as you were 200 years ago. What were you thinking Jason? You could've walked away from them, now they're just a bloodstain on the concrete. You didn't have the though of leaving, when you were given enough opportunities. You had to confront them! Now it's worse! The woman is looking at you horrified! You need to cover it up! You can always make her listen, but that only worked once! You have to either turn her, or kill her. She's seen too much and you know what happens! It's still safe to leave town, maybe the state, or even the country! you have to do this to save yourself! Don't even complain, this is your fault. Don't freak out, STOP FREAKING OUT! Just take a deep breath and snap her neck. Before you go, now's a good time to drink. You probably won't be able to for a long time.


Okay, Jason, now act normal. You have new clothes. All you need to do is get on the Subway and hope they don't notice the speck of blood on your hand. Keep your hands in the pockets. Don't worry about the blood, keep your mind on the escape plan. If the hunters haven't been tipped off, you have a good 4 days to lose them. Even if they are, you can just stay in the shadows and hide while waiting for the next subway. You have to get out of Manhattan, don't even worry about what to do in the long run, just keep your head in the game before it gets chopped off.


Okay, now you're off the subway. just act normal, they don't know what you look like, you can just walk past. Oh great, Sunlight. You can make it for at least 3 hours, the blood will help you. Just take the obvious routes and go to the emergency nest. You need to write a note for the others explaining where you're going next.


You're in the nest, now time to write the note. Wait: what was that noise? You might be compromised. Keep your senses up and pretend you didn't hear anything. You have been compromised, but you can still get out of this. All you need to do is wait for the right moment and flee. You'll have to get the message to them another way. Silver! They guy might be a drunk, but he's professional. Well, you can either die, escape, or kill the man. Just slowly turn around, enough to see the face.


This is it. You didn't run quick enough, and now a silver stake is in your heart. Think of that night in Venice, don't worry about the pain. Don't think about the carnage, think about the beautiful garden you made, and watching the clouds with Valencia. She was still human at the time, her hair was auburn, her eyes still bright blue. That's right, you kissed her and didn't get bloodthirsty. You're thinking about the pain. You can't think about the pain! This might be it, but at least you can allow the young hunter some last words. Tell him about that night, how you enjoyed it.


Tell him how you were turned in a similar way, tell him the irony behind the night you ceased to see the sun without it making you be in excruciating pain. can you feel the ending breath coming? you might be able to be comfortable enough to die with a smile. Think of Valencia, and how she's waiting for your in your heaven. You'll be able to see her again, hair auburn, eyes blue, wearing a ball gown.


Okay Jason, this is it, Time for you to go pass on. The sunrise is beautiful, isn't it?

© 2014 Jason Drake


Author's Note

Jason Drake
It's in 2nd person, please no bad comments about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on April 8, 2014
Last Updated on April 8, 2014

Author

Jason Drake
Jason Drake

Sequim, WA



About
My TRUE name is Jacob, but my Pen name is Jason Drake. I'm 16 years old living in a small "city" and trying to continue on the road to college, where I will be Majoring in Business as a marketer. My h.. more..

Writing