"Morning Rush"

"Morning Rush"

A Story by Jaweena...Eileen Quintana
"

Our lives are filled with work, school and activities.

"

A cup of coffee in one hand

I annouce to my kids

"I AM LEAVING IN TEN MINUTES-

make sure your backpacks are ready!"

not waiting for a reply I look for my earrings and cell phone.

I watch them rushing around for missing shoes and lost brushes

-indication that they heard me.

I turn the stereo off just as I hear my favorite Sade song begin...aaawww NO TIME.

Laptop case loaded, soccer balls strapped to bags- we rush! 

a quick check through the house turning off lights

searching for cell phones and lost homework.

We rush out to meet our busy schedules

 

Behind us, the house sighs in quiet reprieve.

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

.

  

 

 

 

 

© 2011 Jaweena...Eileen Quintana


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was pretty nam dam funny, Jaweena...not because of all the ritualistic movements in the morning prior to starting the day...but because of the last line...who ever thinks about the poor house....you do apparently...and now...I do.
Pretty darn clever
allen

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The house gets a little rest, but I'll bet mother doesn't. May you always have abundant energy and good health!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was pretty nam dam funny, Jaweena...not because of all the ritualistic movements in the morning prior to starting the day...but because of the last line...who ever thinks about the poor house....you do apparently...and now...I do.
Pretty darn clever
allen

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brilliant details, almost left me breathless in the rush, lol. Seems we are always on the go. Love the last line, I can picture the house heaving a sigh. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can see, feel, and hear this. Wonderfully written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wooosh ....

the words felt Jaweena

Posted 12 Years Ago


ya'at'eeh Christina and J for your encouragement! We are so busy at times that we lose sight of the real meaning of life. Relishing each moment with our precious babies as they are learning about themselves and the world around them and enjoying life at a slower pace so as to savor the moment.
They do grow up so fast, I want them to experience as much positive, activities to learn from as possible!
I would love to be the house!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great job, Eileen! You captured the morning rush. Sometimes, you want to take a moment, but any spare moments are used up trying to get the morning to work like clockwork. With my children, all grown, I have those moments now; however, I wish that we had had time to spend them together. Nice job of capturing the times that we can't take the time that we would like. You covered it all; a lost pair of shoes, the homework, and the busy house falling into silence. I wish, now, that I had awaken just five minutes earlier, and hugged them all, before we started our chaotic day.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J
**giggles** well done!! those days [sigh] make me wonder now where all the energy came from ~ and where it all went! wonderful peek into the frenetic moments of everyday life as a mom, employee and human being having a life ...... so enjoyable! stellar ending -- how many times have you wished you were the house!?!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


My Dear Writing Friend,
A poem that reminds me of a bear trap. We have become so accustomed to a way of life that revolves around the clock rather than the seasons that I feel we have lost sight of how we should live. I am starting to rethink life, time restraints are like a bear trap always ready to take hold of us.
I live now more by the seasons and have found a simpler life with much less stress. Of course those of us who live this way will never be able to have a quarter of what the Jones’s have in material goods, but we have harmony with relationships, nature, and the Great Spirit. I guess I should have been born when the bison still thundered across the grasslands, a time of living only with the season in mind.
A good write that made me more determined to keep heading in the direction I am striving to switch totally to. A time for living life!

Blessings, Laughing-Bear


Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

529 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2011
Last Updated on July 1, 2011

Author

Jaweena...Eileen Quintana
Jaweena...Eileen Quintana

UT



About
"Ya'at'eeh" means hello in the Navajo language. My name is Eileen Quintana....Jaweena was a name that my brother called me when I was a baby. I am learning how to write about my unique perspective.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..