Do You Remember Me?

Do You Remember Me?

A Poem by Jay Parker
"

More of a monologue than a poem but I didn't see that option. It's a little depressing but this is something a wrote a few days ago. Any feedback would be great.

"

How could You forget the way I tucked Your hair behind Your ear in the morning and called you beautiful?


Don't You recall how I would come home from work and wrap You in my arms so tight? Like you were the only thing keeping me afloat in a sea of exhaustion.


Don't You remember how I ached for You, longed for You, when we were apart. Desperate for Your touch?


No, you don't remember Me. There is no room for Me in a heart so full of itself.


It's no wondered our relationship was always about you. I cared about you. you cared about you.


I opened my eyes to you though. I see you now for what you are and I will NEVER fall for your lies again.

I am beyond your silly games.


So why do these words sound hollow? Why do I feel like I only deceive myself? And Why do I keep asking myself, "Do You Remember Me?"

© 2014 Jay Parker


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I absolutely love this. I attribute it to the beautiful use of You vs you. Such a great read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Man, this poem you made really reflects the love life I'm living in.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jay Parker

9 Years Ago

No kidding man. I think it's the writers curse or something. A lot of prolific writers from back in .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 15, 2014
Last Updated on May 15, 2014