Bloody winter

Bloody winter

A Story by Javon Holmes
"

The rise of a powerful woman.

"
There are two types of people in this world. The person that s***s themselves when ever things get too complicated in life. And the person who tackles problems head on. Then there people like me, who take complications and make something out of them. Oh I'm sorry, I didn't properly introduce myself. I go by many nicknames, the ice queen, the white widow. But you can call me by my real name, Grace Winters.
As you hear this story, you'll find that I take my last name very serious. I don't know why, I've just always loved my last name, ever since I was a little girl. Growing up in little old irmo South Carolina. I don't think you'll find this story very interesting, I'm just a simple business woman. The number one cocaine distributer in the south east.
S**t. Your probably asking yourself, how does a small town girl like me, become such an important person. Now listen up because you might find this part of the story interesting. I was young, blonde, and stupid. I wanted to have a happy ever after with a handsome man, that would buy me anything I desired. Ha, s**t dreams from a girl who had Snow White plastered on her bedroom wall. But anyway role models aside, i eventually found that man.
Sebastian Pérez. The hottest Mexican you will ever see, at least in South Carolina anyway. Then again I think he was Colombian, which is kind of funny because we met in Columbia South Carolina. Hahaha, okay so I guess the jokes aren't working. Anyway, we met while I was a bartender at a s****y bar downtown. It was around last call when he approached me. He told me I was the prettiest woman he's seen in this, "back woods state". He offered me a night of sex, drugs, and luxury. Of course I accepted his offer, and that night of ecstasy turned into a marriage proposal, in just three weeks.
We got married in Vegas, one of those drive thru weddings. It wasn't the princess ball, but I couldn't complain after he put the biggest diamond I've ever seen on my finger. Things were fine between me and Sebastian for a good, six months. I knew what he did for a living, because he didn't try to hide it. When I would come home, to our nice Florida beach house. He'd always have bricks of cocaine lying in the living room, with military grade weapons. I didn't care how he made money, just as long as he supported me, he could have been the king of coke mountain for all I cared.
Our marriage turned sour on the seventh month of our marriage. The Feds shutdown his drug operation in Pennsylvania, killed his top lieutenant, and confiscated over 100 pounds of snow. Which was worth over 600 million, so he was kind of pissed. So what did he do you ask? He beat me when I tried to comfort him. He tied me to the bed and whipped me with his leather belt. It lasted for hours, every strike left an imprint in my soul. I'd be lying if I told you I didn't cry, because I did.
After he was done, he untied me and made me sleep outside. He said he didn't want to sleep with a disrespectful brat! It was cold that night, I didn't have a blanket so I used my torn sweater to keep me warm, while I laid on a lawn chair.
That night changed something in me, my skin wasn't the only thing getting colder. The next day one of Sebastian's men, Sergei Avarov woke me up. He had a bald head and a tuxedo on.I could tell by the way he looked at me, that he knew what had happened. He gave me fresh clothes to put on, and took me for a ride in one of Sebastian's limos. I thought he was going to kill me, I mean that was his job, killing people that Pissed Sebastian off.
But he wasn't going to do that, for a Russian he's very comforting. He asked me if I was alright? I wasn't going to lie to him, I just broke down and cried my icy tears. He stopped the limo and turned around. "Look at me," he said.
I looked up at his pale face and bald head. "I have worked for mr. Pèrez for two years, and I have never been involved in his personal business. But after what he did to you...... Well I know all too well what it's like to be abused by the person you love," he told me. He then told me about how his whole family treated him when he was growing up. How they would beat him, put cigarettes out on him, he even told me how he mustard up the courage to kill every last one of them. He said, "the only way to make a new beginning after the old life hurts you. Is to level it to its foundation, then out of the ruble build a new life".
When he said those words we had pulled over in front of a lawyers office. He let me out the car and we walked inside. I've been here before with Sebastian, this is his lawyers office. Dawson Krueger is his name, and he's the dirties lawyer you'll meet. He knows all about Sebastian's drug empire, hell he helped build it. He looked like a rat but had a charming aura around him. He sat me down in a chair in his office and left to go talk to Sergei. It must have been a good hour before they came back in. Sergei had a folder full of papers and Dawson had a worried look on his face.
"Mrs. Pèrez, I need you too be strong right now okay. There's something I need to ask you," Dawson said leaning against his desk. I looked at the both of them and listened to what they had to say. It turns out that Sergei and Dawson were conspiring to kill Sebastian for months. They felt that his methods would eventually lead to everyone getting arrested. The problem was they couldn't kill him and take over, that would cause more chaos in the ranks. But if he was to leave his empire in the hands of someone, close to him. They wanted me to kill Sebastian pèrez, and run his drug empire, with them advising me.
At first I told them to, "piss off." But then I thought to myself, this is my chance to be something other than weak for the first time in my life. I mean I kind of liked the lifestyle of being a drug lords wife, but how much better would it be if I was an actual drug lord. I mean how hard could it be. I agreed to their offer. They smiled and Sergei handed me the folder, i opened it. They were papers saying that in the time of Sebastian's death, it would take over his cocaine business. I had to get him to sign these papers for it to mean anything.
Now this next part concludes my little origin story, but a bit of warning. This is when it gets violent. Three days after our meeting we had our plan mapped out, and I was ready to end this nightmare, and start dreaming peaceful again. I walked in Sebastian's beach house with the papers hidden in my purse. He had a lot of security now, but they couldn't stop me from seeing him. After all, I was still his wife. I entered our room to see him snorting cocaine off a w****s a*s. It wasn't the first time I've caught him cheating on me, so it didn't faze me. He looked at me like I was trash, he told the w***e to get out. She picked up her clothes and walked past me out the door.
"What the f**k do you want," he said putting his shirt. I walked towards him calmly and handed him the papers out of my purse. "Sign these," I responded. He glanced at them and started to laugh. "What the f**k is this, divorce papers? Because ain't no way your leaving me knowing what you know, about my business."
I took a deep breath, it was time to get rid of the scared little girl and turn into the ice queen I was born to be. "No, not divorce. But that comes later," I said giving him an icy stare. He began to read a few lines before throwing it on the ground. "You b***h! Who the f**k do you think you are. Haven't even known each other for a year, and you want to run my s**t. Tough luck b***h, because I'm not dying for a long time."
I reached into my purse and pulled out a syringe and injected him in his neck. He fell on the bed shaking a little. "I was hoping that'd be your response," I said picking up the papers. I sat next to him on the bed and stroked his black hair, as he gasped for air. "Stop wheezing, breathe through your mouth," I whispered. He did as I said and didn't breathe so loud.
"I injected you with a low dosage of a neurotoxin from an exotic Colombian flower, that paralyzes the victim. It also causes the lungs to slow down, that's why your having a hard time speaking right now. But it's okay baby. I'll do enough speaking for the both of us."
He began to sweat and his eyes had the look of terror. It made me giggle seeing this stone cold drug lord, turn into a simpering dog with just one injection. "How does it feel Sebastian? To be helpless, tied down like a dog. To be........ paralyzed with the fact that you might die today. That's how I felt the night you decided to treat me like a b***h! But in a way I have to thank you, hahaha, yeah thank you. For giving me a chance to prove that I can be more, than just a pretty face. And now I thank you, for signing me the deed to your winter wonderland."
I pulled out a pen from my pocket and put it in his stiff hand. I made him sign, "S, e, b, a, s, t, a, i, n, space, p, é, r, e, z." That part of the job was done, there's just one more thing. I put the signed papers in my purse, and laid down next to my husband rubbing his chest. "Thank you baby. I promise to take good care of it. Now it's time for that divorce I told you about," I whispered in his ear. I hopped on top of him touching his heart, he was crying like a baby. "The toxin I gave you doesn't kill you right away, it needs physical help to do that. One hard jab to the heart and it stops. It won't seem out of the ordinary, what with your hard partying and all. It would be seen as an act of God."
He began to simper more, trying to move his head. I put two fingers on his forehead so he can look directly at me. "No no none of that crying now. It's already over." I lifted my hand and with one motion, I went down on Sebastian's heart. And with that there was only silence, he was dead.
So began my reign as the ice queen. Sure things were difficult to begin with. I mean I had resistance in my own ranks, the DEA was on the verge of toppling our operation, and to top it all off I was pregnant! Yeah pregnant. That son of a b***h Sebastian left me a parting gift. But things smoothed over after I paid off a few DEA agents, along with a few legal maneuvers Curtsy of Dawson Krueger. I also gave up my little bundle of joy as soon as he was born. It wouldn't be safe for him to be next to this, business. I made sure he was given to a good Christian family in Oregon.
As for the people in my ranks who where giving me trouble. I keep their teeth on a necklace I made. After all those problems began to wither away, a renaissance of cocaine began on the east coast. I even managed to secure a steady presence in New York, something Sebastian couldn't do. I instilled a long awaited stability and fear into the drug world, with only one rule.
A rule that has lasted a good two years into my reign, until now. "Don't f**k me." Someone broke that rule, and now they have to pay.

© 2014 Javon Holmes


Author's Note

Javon Holmes
I want an honest opinion with stars please. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on March 10, 2014
Last Updated on March 10, 2014
Tags: Cocaine, drug, war, women, crime

Author

Javon Holmes
Javon Holmes

Columbia , SC



About
I am a young dumb writer, who makes characters you want to be! more..

Writing