Forgivness

Forgivness

A Story by Jason
"

The harsh truth of most love stories.

"

He had always given, hoping that one day he would receive. It never came. Day after day he tried to express himself. But of course she never noticed. Her time was spent at the calling of others, uncaring and selfish. Still he tried, and with every ounce of his breaking heart he loved from afar. Too many times had he watched her thrown aside for something else. Too many times had she fallen back into the arms of the actors and charmers. Too many times had he tried to stop it all. But maybe it was his fate to be overlooked. After all nice guys never win right? Or maybe it was the simple fact that he was too good a friend, and the chance of losing that through something more passionate, was too great. He tried to fit in, working on an appearance of his youth but still he went unnoticed. Sure he would get plenty of smiles, and the occasional date, but who wanted someone who actually cared when they could have someone who pretended.

            The whole thing made him sick! Angered by the way the world worked and the price of caring had caused him. Maybe if he too became an uncaring a*****e who looked down on everyone he then could find love. The thought surely seemed like a good idea, and no one thought he could do such a thing. How furious this made him. Why must everyone overlook the good guy because he’s not groping his ball sack for the next piece of a*s that walked around the corner? Oh and how they cried when the a*****e finally showed. Had they really not seen this coming? The story is older than Adam and Eve. Dude plays girl, girl thinks their in love, dude meets new girl, girl destroyed. And guess who they f*****g go running to. THE F*****G NICE GUY! Because he would understand and comfort them back to stupidity just so they could go do the whole dam thing over again. No this time he couldn’t do it. She would have to choose once and for all. His pain ate greedily at his heart, consuming everything he once was. A monster was forming. One far more dangerous than the actors and their fancy plastic smiles. No, this time someone would pay. Perhaps all of them. He knew leaving her to fend for herself was sure torture, and yes he knew again the time would come when the actors would destroy her. But this time he wouldn’t be around to tend to her wounds. 

            So he took from his pocket the only picture he had of her. It was a picture not even she knew he had. She was smiling, a golden ray of light cast out from her fragile feature. He loved the way she smiled, and how big her eyes got when she laughed: even the curve of her neck and the endless high of her eyes. As he tried desperately to tear the picture in half he noticed something. He had noticed a hurt in her eyes that he hadn’t seen before. A longing for passion beyond that of a physical nature. She too longed to be noticed. He hated her for this. How he wanted to forget her and everyone like her. But he couldn’t. He was the nice guy remember. So he tucked the picture away and lived out the rest of life alone, unnoticed, and as he laid on his death bed many years later, the picture still fresh in his mind, all he could do was remember, his forgiveness.                

 

© 2009 Jason


Author's Note

Jason
Ignore grammar issues.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fancy plastic smiles! I know some people like that. I like this i thought this was very well written!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 11, 2009

Author

Jason
Jason

Columbia, MO



About
Well to begin i would have to start with where I'm from. I live in Columbia Missouri and have for a majority of my life. I am currently going to college but have mix feeling about what it is i w.. more..

Writing
The Camel The Camel

A Story by Jason


Beneath its Skin Beneath its Skin

A Story by Jason