Why

Why

A Poem by Robert Luna
"

This was written for a friend that was going through rough time just to let her know I felt her pain and to let her know she was not alone.

"

Breath
.
.
Breath
Here I am
Left with only
My emptiness filling the void
Seeming I lost myself again
Missing the part of me you held

Feeling so small
Unable to find shelter in your arms
Taking on a world alone
Just not sure I can make it
Alone.
.
.
Alone, the thought starts sinking in
Reality of my fears
I have to remain strong
No one can know I am so weak
Without you by my side

Wondering where is my happy ending
Grasping to memories of better days
Faded wishes I would never know this grief
Words and promises that were whispers
Lay echoing on these walls

Too ashamed to pray
For someone to take away this pain
Unsure where to go from here
The answers are just so unclear

Finding myself in that place
That God and man
Can never see eye to eye
Us just asking why

© 2008 Robert Luna


Author's Note

Robert Luna
This was written for a friend that was going through rough time just to let her know I felt her pain and to let her know she was not alone.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Argh, I hate that feeling.
The support you once had, once trusted, were so sure of,
taken away so abruptly it takes ages to sink in.
Trying to stand alone is impossible, you just fall :(

I think you have conveyed this empty, powerless feeling very well Robert.
I particularly enjoy your use of photos :D

I would also like to apologise for my lack of reviews.

GBG - Leah

Posted 16 Years Ago


15 of 15 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a somewhat heart-breaking piece for me. Sighing whys into the air, with no response. such a lonely place to be. beautifull written. lovely flow.

Posted 16 Years Ago


18 of 19 people found this review constructive.

This piece brought tears to my eyes. Perhaps, becuase it is so close to my truth right now. Needless to say, this really stirred me, and I thought it to be brilliant.

Norma

Posted 16 Years Ago


16 of 19 people found this review constructive.

Let me say this much, Robert... there are so many beautiful points of interest in this poem for me. Just reading it I feel intrigued, pondering if this is personal experience for you, for once again you have nailed the feeling - emotionality...and adoration. I am impressed!

Needless to say, I ingested this one...

Love,
Candi

Posted 16 Years Ago


19 of 20 people found this review constructive.

This is wonderful, Robert. I know your words have the power to comfort. My best wishes for your friend.

Posted 16 Years Ago


14 of 19 people found this review constructive.

Hello Robert, what a great piece. I love it. my favorite stanza was:

Wondering where is my happy ending
Grasping to memories of better days
Faded wishes I would never know this grief
Words and promises that were whispers
Lay echoing on these walls ---------------------------because so melancholic. it was like reading russian literature, 19th century... wow. what a piece!


Posted 16 Years Ago


19 of 21 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
Another great poem from you Robert. The photograph goes well with what you have written. You certainly have captured a lot of emotions in this poem as well as fears... confusion and grief. My favourite lines were in the first verse:

My emptiness filling the void
Seeming I lost myself again
Missing the part of me you held

This can be said for relationships that break up as well as for people who lose their significant other through death... There is always a grieving stage.
Well Done
V.

Posted 16 Years Ago


19 of 20 people found this review constructive.

WOW, Robert, you have captured some of the deep emotions at the loss of a partner - most of us have experienced this, whether due to Death, or other emotional loss... we are all reduced to simply asking, "Why?" You say you wrote these lines for a friend, but you obviously have an understanding that can only come from personal experience.

Even though the last line is a bit awkward, I think that humanizes this lament further by keeping it from being sheer rhetoric.

I feel like crap now. Great poem!

Posted 16 Years Ago


20 of 20 people found this review constructive.

this poem is heavy with sincerity and true emotion. i love the pace, the pausing, the blank lines. it truely felt meditative and natural. my only criticism is that the weight of the first and last stanza and lines such as"
"Too ashamed to pray
For someone to take away this pain "
out weigh some of the more familiar language throughout the poem. if you made an extra effort, through word choice and metaphore, to further personalise this loneliness and spiritual loss, make it uniquely your own and express it as such, you wouuld elevate this already good poem.


Posted 16 Years Ago


20 of 21 people found this review constructive.

It is so strange, that so many people have these very same feelings. But everyone is trying so hard to lock them deeply away... from sight of anybody.

Alone, the thought starts sinking in
Reality of my fears
I have to remain strong
No one can know I am so weak
Without you by my side




Posted 16 Years Ago


21 of 23 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
The more time I spend here at the Cafe the more astounded I am at the intuition, perception, and just plain skill of some of you folks. It is a steep curve indeed among you here. This is a prime example.

One observation if I may...
God and man indeed may never see eye to eye. But God and individuals can. He craves that of us as unique and intelligent beings. But man as the whole? No, likely not. We need only look to the newspaper to understand why.



Posted 16 Years Ago


20 of 22 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

699 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2008

Author

Robert Luna
Robert Luna

Somewhere between here and there



About
My name is Robert. I write therefore I feel I am. My words come from my heart, soul, and mind. I write what I feel and see, life is my inspiration. Life itself is art in its purest form. There is noth.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..