Blackbird's Song

Blackbird's Song

A Poem by Robert Luna
"

Something in between reality and a dream that place most fear to dwell alone. Hope you enjoy.

"
I woke in the middle of night
With a feeling I couldn�t shake
35 years and still fighting this same fight
Tell myself everything will be alright
I step outside just to look at the night sky
Tripping over my own regrets
Seeing the stars perfectly aligned
A small glimpse of the inner working of god�s mind

There perched in an old birch
Sat a Blackbird staring at the same sky as I
As she starts to sing
A song of unforgettable woe and beauty
I cried Blackbird sing me your song
Tell me where you been
and the things you have seen
Share your wisdom with this poor fool

The notes of her song become words to my soul
Hearing the distance thunder roar
The clarity of the sky darkens in a mystic haze
But there she sat and sang
Oh Blackbird please won�t you sing for me
the rain starts to fall from heaven�s gates
I listen to this symphony meant for me
Blackbird sings to me her sweet lullaby

Falling to the ground in despair
The pain was just too much to bear
My heart laid heavily in my chest
As I now see why she cannot rest
The sorrow her eyes have seen
All comes flooding over me
I beg for her mercy,
please Blackbird release me

here the Blackbird sings her song of me
Sitting at the head of my grave
Waiting to take my soul
I look at the night sky for one last time
and ask Blackbird to sing for me
Her sweet lullaby
knowing now everything is truly right
She spreads her wings and takes flight


Photobucket

© 2008 Robert Luna


Author's Note

Robert Luna
Something in between reality and a dream that place most fear to dwell alone. Hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great poem!The pictire goes well with it,well flowing,seemed to be a few minor spelling mistakes.You have a beautiful way of expressing what you feel...I could take it as you bearing your true love's pain,or it could just be a fantasy/dream....Anyways overall I really enjoyed it,I'm glad you let me know!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow... What a wonderful work. The depth of feeling here is intense. Soulful beauty mixed with a haunting shadowland interlaced within this fine poem. Many cheers.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

For some reason Edgar Allan Poe comes to my mind reading this. Hmm.

Great poem. I liked this write from you. But then again, I like many of your writes. You have a very unique way of expressing things and it always shows in your writing...which is why i love it so much. Wonderfully written, Robert. Excellent.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

this is such a great poem Robert... fantastic!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Such a vivid portrayed you paint here. I could feel as I was witnessing the scene of a person coming to terms with their own end. Very powerfully moving.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This was wonderful. I am brand new to this site and your piece was the first I read. If everyone here strives to write as well as you, I found my home!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Wow....this one gave me chills. Of course it reminds me of the Beatles tune....but it took me for a ride...I could imagine all of this happening...you painted such a complete picture....I could see someone wondering out onto a deck that was high up close to trees where the Blackbird was sitting, ready to converse....and that's when the ride started up and down the hills of my imagination...but then you took that hairpin turn at the end and kicked my a*s right out on the road in a place I didn't anticipate I'd be. It was like, wow....I didn't expect this....I'm not here....I don't want to be here....I don't want it to end this way....WHY ??? Why did it end here like this ?? This is not what I wanted or expected.....NO FAIR....

As you can tell......you definitley aggitated my emotions and my imagination !!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
XB
Ok first off I like it I really do tho to me it is not one of your best. Now with that said I did enjoy it but didn't get lost in it like with some of your other stuff...Well written I may have changed or added something here and there but other then that it was a great read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

That was beautifully haunting Robert. GREAT piece! I loved it very much. It reminds me of a song, "Blackbird", first done by the Beatles, then remade by The Doves. GREAT tune. As soon as I read your poem, I thought of that song. Probably the name, but the song itself has a beautiful, solemn feel to it as well. Reminds me of your poem. Very nice piece of work!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Quite an interesting poem you have here my friend. I love how you took the song of the blackbird and made it something beyond its usual description of just a caw. You made it ethereal and haunting and sublime. I can't help feeling somewhat honored by this even if it wasn't actually about me. My name is precious to me and I like seeing it used this way :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful and other-worldly. Where would we be without our dreams?

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1237 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 14, 2008
Last Updated on April 14, 2008

Author

Robert Luna
Robert Luna

Somewhere between here and there



About
My name is Robert. I write therefore I feel I am. My words come from my heart, soul, and mind. I write what I feel and see, life is my inspiration. Life itself is art in its purest form. There is noth.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..