The puzzle

The puzzle

A Poem by Jennesis

The puzzle

He talks to me in poetry and romantic song lyrics.
His messages hidden like a word-find paperback from the local drug store.
I'm searching for letters that form a word amidst the chaotic and structured puzzle.
I turn to the answer appendix in the back of the book. There is none. There are no clues to his intentions.
I attempt to circle the lexicon he leaves for me in his cryptic scribe.
I read the circled words out loud. They don't form a cohesive sentence.
Word salad nonsense forms mixed up confusion in my heart.
His words scrambled like that game on my phone.
Trying to put them in order before the timer reaches zero.
It's black and white, dark and light all at once.
My intellect is stimulated and inspired, yet his lack of touch has left me wanting, waiting. My skin dry and cold like the Colorado winter.

© 2015 Jennesis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

what a great metaphor used here...love those word finds for some reason...but the ones i work, fortunately have an answer that makes sense.
Love of the lack of it never seems to make too much...and your last two lines show that you really know how to wrap up a poem with strong intention.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jennesis

9 Years Ago

I know right? I like things to make sense! Thank you so much Jacob! I admire you immensely...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
1 Review
Added on January 15, 2015
Last Updated on January 15, 2015

Author

Jennesis
Jennesis

Littleton, CO



About
By trade, I am a marriage and family therapist specializing in trauma, attachment, and relationships. I have been writing my entire life, but have recently started trusting my voice again, and sharing.. more..

Writing
Legacy Legacy

A Poem by Jennesis


Mosaic Mosaic

A Poem by Jennesis