Epilogue

Epilogue

A Story by Cameron Haskell
"

The ending moments of a man with nothing else to do and nothing else to pursue.

"

      The sun shines through, almost impossibly, through the darkness of the early morning hours. Illuminating an area on the ground. An area where a dying man leans against his lover's tombstone, a bullet wound in his stomach. He is slowly dying and he knows it. But then it wasn't all bad, how could it be? He looked around at the edges of the shadow of the light, seeing sillouhettes of bodies lying all around him. This was all his fault he knew that full well. If only he could go back, go back with Sam again and enjoy life like they used to do. Like watch that stupid show they both liked or listen to pachebel.

       Pachebel, that was always his favorite, time seem to stop everytime they listened to that. And when time stopped I actually thought that it was going to last forever. He took a breath and felt the blood drain out of his body. He knew that shortly he would die.

      He looked up at the sun shining down and he could have sworn he heard Sam's voice.

      It's time to go now William, are you ready?

      William leaned himself up a little higher and smiled,

      "Of course man, let's go."

      He took one last breath and then was still, eyes open, looking up at the sky. In the end, when a person has done all he could do, sometimes it is better to burn out than it is to fade away.

 

 

© 2009 Cameron Haskell


Author's Note

Cameron Haskell
reviews are appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a bitter sweet story. I'm starting to become a fan of your writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 5, 2009

Author

Cameron Haskell
Cameron Haskell

Norfolk, NE



About
I am just an unpublished writer enjoying my passion. My stories usually revolve around the surreal and mostly have the same general theme, mostly. In essence all i want is to send a message with my st.. more..

Writing