Love

Love

A Story by Jeremy Simpson
"

A monologue I may use in a movie I'm writing.

"
"Only the young love. The old learn that love is a falsity; a belief that only the young could possibly have. Because love is stripped from you when you have lost everything, and then you somehow find a way to lose more. When you give all that you’ve ever had to someone that you think would do the exact same to you… and then they do the opposite. Their selfishness makes you the selfish one because you realize that you wanted more than you were allowed to have…
"But don’t lose hope. Your life may be different. Maybe you will be young forever. Maybe you will find beauty. And maybe you will find this thing called “love.” I wish this for you, because I can’t see you suffer. I won’t see you suffer. I refuse to let you live the life that I did. Because as I grow older, I see how naïve and foolish I was in my time. And I don’t want you to become me. That is the last thing I want… because I failed you. And I learned that through all of the hardship I put you through and all of the pain I caused you in your days - in your youth up to this moment - there has been one truth that has set me free from guilt until now: only the young love. 
"It haunts your soul, being ruthless and knowing it. It’s worse when you’re so stern and aggressive towards someone that you care so much about… but that’s it isn’t it? That’s the essence of it all. That’s love. I care so much that it hurts inside to harm you. It hurts inside to not see you during the day, to stay up and worry about you. It hurts my soul to think of the horrible things that torment you; the things that you will one day go through. The things you won’t be able to experience… so maybe I’m wrong after all. Maybe the old are the only ones who really know what it is to love. They can see how life has drained the good from most, and has filled much of the day with sadness. 
"The Sun will come out and it seems like the clouds will dampen even in the most pollinated spring day, and I can’t tell you how amazed I am. I can’t tell you how amazed I was when I turned 50 and I could still remember my eighteenth birthday like it was the day before. But, at the same time… I can still recall all the happiness I felt in between, however brief. And I can say that it was worth it. Because you were there, and that made all the difference… and though the old may love and the young may love in their different ways, I think there is one similarity. There is always someone like you there… but the world is a dark place, and traveling souls will always follow a light leading the way. And you… you are certainly the brightest light I’ve ever witnessed. 
"So maybe love isn’t a falsity. Maybe it’s more than that. Maybe love is… love. Simply put. It can’t be understood, just felt. And I feel it; boy, do I feel it. Because I know one thing for sure… you will make it in this world. You will " I know you will. And I hope I can be there to say that and see you do it. And if I’m not then I’ll be in a better world where love is a constant. And I’ll be waiting for you there."

© 2013 Jeremy Simpson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on May 13, 2013
Last Updated on May 13, 2013

Author

Jeremy Simpson
Jeremy Simpson

Atlanta, GA



About
I am a writer from Atlanta, GA looking to start a career in the subject. I want to be a screenwriter and I plan on enhancing my abilities through this site through feedback and the ability to get some.. more..