Sick.

Sick.

A Story by Jess Holden
"

Really sad, but it's a reality for some.

"
I will warn you, this is not a normal story. This is a story about a girl. She is not perfect. In fact, the complete opposite. She is over weight, pimples cover her face, thick glasses, and a weird laugh. She is the unpopular one that no one talks to. Well, she use to be this way. But who could blame her? Her life was anything but perfect. But I'm guessing you assumed that now didn't you? Her father was a drunk, so beatings were daily. Her mother was a passive house wife, never standing up for the kid. She had one older brother too, and he was a different kind of evil. He was a rapist, and in the worst possible way. Because of all of these factors, she hated herself. By the age of 12, she had became familiar with the terms 'bulimia, anorexia, and cutting.' These three would be her escape; her one true shot at happiness. I'd love to tell you that what she thought was wrong, and that someone cared. But the reality of it was, her thoughts were correct. Nobody did care until her bulimia and anorexia started to work. She'd throw up what she ate, if she ate at all. Her thighs were covered in scars and cuts from the pain she felt inside. If life at home wasn't bad, life at school normally was. Her life turned into a constant cycle; eat, throw up, cut. Eat, throw up, cut. Eat, throw up, cut. She never bothered to try and quit, an eventually, even stopped trying to hide it. God, how i'd love to tell you she found happiness, or at least someone who cared, but she didn't. She never lived past the age of 15. How I'd love to say this girl wasn't real.

© 2011 Jess Holden


Author's Note

Jess Holden
It's not a real story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked this story because I feel like this at times. I can relate, but I don't have anorexia or bulima. I don't have any eating disorders. My father isn't a drunk though and my mom would stand up to me. What I can relate too is the cutting aspect of it. I used too and I'm still fighting not doing it. Thanks for sharing the story

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This hooked me...and like everyone else wished for a happy ending...yet sometimes life doesnt have a happy ending! This was a great story!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Its sad because even though this isn't a real story, the fact of the matter is that in reality, its as real as you and me. I'm glad you wrote this because as much as we try to ignore the real, art can still pull us back into reality and make us face the truth. This is wonderfully written!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this touching story, its heart breaking, and easy to relate to, I've been cutting in the past, and I think I'm not fit thats why people say I'm overweighting, seriously, who can I blame? Myself. I feel sorry for the girl although she isn't real, and I feel terrible. If she can fight for herself, which is so hard to do, then maybe she can have a better life! I just wish people can overlook things sometimes...
Nice Written!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a heartbreaking story :( It was well-written though! Great job

~Erinne


Posted 13 Years Ago


So sad but very good. Nice job:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Zi
I think I knew this girl. In fact, I think I knew several people like this... There are some things in this world that are too tragic for words. Others are too tragic to not be put into words, not to be remembered, heard, and felt by us all. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow, amazing, again

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh my gosh this is heartbreaking. It is beautifully written (as always)and you ended it perfectly (if very sadly)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm sure this might somehow be a real story. Many teenagers are still doing things to escape their problems. Sometimes it causes them their lives. Great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

421 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 2, 2011
Last Updated on May 5, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Naomi Roseღ