Just a dream..?

Just a dream..?

A Story by Jess Holden
"

this is what i've been up to... i've been a numb zombie

"

Is it sad? That you can barley muster up the strength to get out of bed in the morning? When you know you won’t be able to make it through the day without shattering into a million pieces? Is it sad that you have to take a pill to get to sleep, or a pill to make it through the day? When work becomes impossible to do, losing concentration too easily. All you wish for is nothingness; a blank mind, even though you can’t think up a clear thought. Your sentences come out distorted, warped, unreadable. The things you think and the things you say begin to drift apart. You find yourself stuck in a hole, with no possibility for escape. No white light at the end of the tunnel, no happy ending.

Since when has there ever been a happy ending? You try and remember how things felt when you could feel, when you weren’t just a walking, drugged up, zombie of your former self. Because that’s exactly what you’ve become; a nothing compared to what you were. You’re just dead; even better, the walking dead that breathes, eats, and attempts to carry out a “normal life.” You’re the walking dead, trying to deny that you’re dead.

 

You never wanted to change, but you have.

 

You’re gone.

© 2011 Jess Holden


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is powerful writing. It is a bit intimidating, but expressed with emotion that forces the reader to connect. The darkness in the words is the fuel for those emotions. You capture many of our fears. The strategic choices you made while writing this story reap great reward.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 27, 2011
Last Updated on November 27, 2011