Oasis

Oasis

A Story by J.Michele

You need it. You want it. You know better but the craving overpowers every nerve in your body. Common sense is out the window. You no longer care about anything but that singular need. You start walking. Walking away from the world and towards the Oasis. You know that the Oasis will keep you happy, safe and full of utter pleasure. Once you enter the Oasis, your vision changes to colours no painter could ever match. Your life outside these waters fades away to the abyss. You look around and find the calm waters calling your name. As you walk further into the depths of the vivid waves of blue, a veil of joy smothers you mind. Your arm starts to ache but you still don’t care. Too mesmerised by the hum that now sings in your veins. Everything around you moves gracefully, practically floating. You spread your arms and drift atop the water. Enjoying every precious moment because you know it never lasts. But for now, time does not exist. You do not exist. A mist of white air floods your airways. Drip, drip, drip. You touch your nose and realise it’s bleeding a deep crimson. However once again you no longer care whilst another gentle wave filled with sweet pleasure consumes you. Swimming through the glorious sapphire water, your mind drifts in and out of consciousness. Quickly out of nowhere, a tsunami with poisoned water of pain and suffering crashes over you. Pulling you under and back into the dreadful life you call reality. You are no longer in the peaceful Oasis of happiness. Everything you see is returning to black and white. A splitting headache invades your mind carrying with it a nothingness feeling. You start to move, to stand, but your body refuses. A quick gasp and you fall back. You are now a huddled mess, lying on the familiar checkered brown couch you call home. It is stained with blood and something else you can’t quite put your finger on. Your clothes are crumpled and you can feel the knots in your dirty, tangled hair. As blackness invades your useless mind, you glance briefly to your left. The last thing you see before the darkness consumes you is a syringe, a rubber tube and scraps of different white powders that have become your pathetic life.

© 2016 J.Michele


Author's Note

J.Michele
Hi all, so this was an experimentation with 2nd person. Enjoy!

J.Michele xx <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This works well. I can't vouch for how accurate the experience is but it seems very authentic. The return to normality vividly portrays the awful price paid for the high. Your use of the metaphor of an oasis is very well done.
Regards,
Alan

Posted 7 Years Ago


J.Michele

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much Alan :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
1 Review
Added on April 29, 2016
Last Updated on April 29, 2016
Tags: OD, depression

Author

J.Michele
J.Michele

Australia



About
Hello, I'm Jess :) I am just a girl trying to find her path in life. I have always had a passion for creative writing and is something I would love to study in the future, but sadly I have no idea if .. more..

Writing
Inception Inception

A Story by J.Michele