Story of the Day (1-31-13)

Story of the Day (1-31-13)

A Story by That1Nerd23


















A couple of weeks ago, Travis (the love of my life) and I got together and went for a walk. It was a very cold day and the sun played peek-a-boo with the clouds. We decided to end our walk and go in to the warmth of the house. As we retraced our steps, we saw a lovely, beautiful deer. It was young and vulnerable. I was captivated and began to walk toward it. It raised it's head until it's eyes met mine. 

I walked slowly. Each step was place gently upon the snow dusted grass. I spoke quietly to Travis and he began to follow in my footsteps until we were side by side. We moved closer and closer. The deer tilted it's head in wonder. When the reality of our nearness struck it's conscience, it began to step back. A sense of fear seemed to be in the precious animal's eyes. We stopped and it wandered off into the woods where it new it would be safe and undisturbed. 

I tell you this story because it wasn't until today when I saw this picture that a wonderful reality overtook me. When I had seen this deer, I thought of how beautiful and untouchable it was. I saw innocents and purity. I was eluded. And here is the radical part: the deer was eluded, too. Otherwise, it would have swiftly galloped away. But the deer stayed, gazing at us. What if the deer saw our beauty; the beauty of our hearts. 

Society says it's all about appearance, it's all about what you wear and how big or small you are. But to a precious, innocent animal those things don't matter. It was fearfully awe-struck by what it was seeing, the simplicity of Travis and me. What if we really took the time to see the SIMPLICITY of LIFE, and the BEAUTY of each MOMENT. ♥

*Take time to do that today and then, if you will, tell me about it. (:

© 2013 That1Nerd23


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice little story. :) Makes me think of the deer at my aunt and uncles house. They had cows and a young deer jumped into it but hit the wire and hurt its leg a little bit. It stayed in the cows pasture for a week or so. We would all go out and visit it. A few days went by and it got it's strength back and jumped over the fence and left. A couple of days later it came back and it played with us. :D lolz My cousin even got to wrestle with it a little bit. :) It was very cute. We called him Bucky.

Posted 11 Years Ago


That1Nerd23

11 Years Ago

Awe :') That's so sweet! Thank you for sharing that experience with me, it just made my day. Youuu j.. read more
A very thoughtful impression you wrote about here.

Posted 11 Years Ago


That1Nerd23

11 Years Ago

Thank you.
The Analog Kid

11 Years Ago

YW, Jessa:)
I am a nature lover and would much rather live the way of the Natives who were so wrongfully forced from their homes so long ago. That aside and fast forwarding to the present. I still take amazement when I see chipmunks, yes, chipmunks in the trees and bushes that are so scarcely dotted throughout the urban jungle.
There is a saying by George Gordon Byron that I absolutely love, it is as follows.

"There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore, there is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar; I love not Man the less, but Nature more."

The natives saw, appreciated and lived in harmony with this "simplicity and beauty" of life of that which you speak. The Rat race of today is just that, a rat race. Calm yourself, ignore the rush, enjoy the simple. In the end you and your soul will be healthier and happier.

:-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


That1Nerd23

11 Years Ago

Wow, profoundly put. I agree with you whole-heartedly. (:
Leave me a review if you want. (:

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 1, 2013
Last Updated on February 1, 2013

Author

That1Nerd23
That1Nerd23

OH



About
"I believe that life is chaotic, a jumble of accidents, ambitions, misconceptions, bold intentions, lazy happenstances, and unintended consequences, yet I also believe that there are connections that .. more..

Writing