Story of the Day (2/4/13)

Story of the Day (2/4/13)

A Story by That1Nerd23





































She gazed out the window as the snow drifted from heaven. Everything covered in white. Her dog lay beside her, sleeping peacefully. The house was quiet, or could it be that she simply silenced the chaos around her? Either way, the moment she was living was filled with thoughts and unending wonder. She reflected. The window in front of her seemed like a mirror of her past. Though the snow painted the picture, the picture was yet very clear...

 

All her life she had lived to please people. With a smile on her face she assisted those around her with all the kindness she could stir in her heart. Yet, even so, she felt an emptiness which could not compare to any other. She would toss and turn at night, hoping, praying things would begin to make sense. Though it always seemed as if, in the morning, her eyes were cover in a glaze of confusion, or perhaps her green eyes were glazed over from her tears.

 

So much had happened in her life, and it seemed the experiences kept dramatically happening repeatedly. However, deep inside she knew it was all for her good. She knew that there was a powerful lesson to be learned. And because of all the repetition, she concluded that the principle and lesson had not been learned yet. So, she continued to be optimistic about life. For no outside sympathy would cure her heart and mind; only the inner that she allowed herself to embrace.

© 2013 That1Nerd23


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG I can relate to this. Also, this is quite good. "he house was quiet, or could it be that she simply silenced the chaos around her? Either way, the moment she was living was filled with thoughts and unending wonder. She reflected. The window in front of her seemed like a mirror of her past. Though the snow painted the picture, the picture was yet very clear..." this is just captivating. I like it a lot. All of it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


That1Nerd23

11 Years Ago

Thank you, friend! (:
Kinda reminds me of the serenity prayer a little bit. Great illustration of dealing with the inner struggles regarding on how to cope with the aspects of life we can't change. Great job. :) Nice photo with the sunlight shining too.

Posted 11 Years Ago


That1Nerd23

11 Years Ago

Thank you. I love the serenity prayer, it is beautiful and very heart-felt. I feel honored to have s.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2013
Last Updated on February 5, 2013

Author

That1Nerd23
That1Nerd23

OH



About
"I believe that life is chaotic, a jumble of accidents, ambitions, misconceptions, bold intentions, lazy happenstances, and unintended consequences, yet I also believe that there are connections that .. more..

Writing