Life's Little Lessons

Life's Little Lessons

A Poem by That1Nerd23
"

This is not actually a poem. But please read and give me your feed back! -Thank you!

"
Lesson Learned.

Life. I'm learning so much about it. I am learning that one of the worst things to do is take life too seriously. Life is meant to be enjoyed. Every circumstance that we face is to teach us something. Strength can only be inquired by means of going through trials, joys, casualties and change. There is no wrong way to live life; because life is nothing but a journey. We all experience different things and we all deal with what we experience differently.

There is so much to learn in life. As time goes by, we all grow more. Wisdom is gained more by being open minded then by any other means. The reason for that is simple. To be open minded is to be accepting of potential change and life is all about change. Also, being open minded leads to further education. Educating oneself in life is absolutely vital. You must always try to expand your mind, because without your mind, your existence becomes futile.

Even so, it is also important to be strong in your beliefs and perspectives. Be considerate of other people's opinions but don't adopt them as your own unless you are willing to proclaim / stand up for them. You will be more appreciated and respected if you know and are confident in your own character. You must know yourself in order to live an authentic and meaningful life. Just as you must love yourself in order to truly be loved for all that you are and will be. If you do not love yourself, you will continuously be trying to change who you are and no one will be able to love your ever changing facade. So be you. Don't let anyone else tell you who to be. If you are content in your own skin, that is an evident sign that you're where you need to be in life.

Actions speak louder than words. Remember that. What you do here on earth is the final result of your legacy. Your actions are the authors of your life and image. Strive to do good. Try to help people. Reach out your hand to the forgotten, give your change to the poor as it will make a change. Speak life. Show love. Prove perseverance and project wisdom and clarity. You can make a difference, the key is knowing that and relentlessly putting in the effort needed to make it happen. Have faith in yourself and in your Creator. Live for the moment rather than the temporary- live for the lasting.

Stay in the moment. As easy as it is to get wrapped up in the past and future, it is the present that is most important. You can not get any moment back. These words that I am writing are slowly sinking into my past; so I want to make them count. Every word you speak, every gesture you make, every regret you ponder, every love you lost, every mistake you made, everything that has been done is done. Gone. Move on. I know it can be very difficult, but if you just accept yourself for your past, present and future it will be so much easier.

-Jessa

© 2014 That1Nerd23


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on July 11, 2014
Last Updated on July 11, 2014

Author

That1Nerd23
That1Nerd23

OH



About
"I believe that life is chaotic, a jumble of accidents, ambitions, misconceptions, bold intentions, lazy happenstances, and unintended consequences, yet I also believe that there are connections that .. more..

Writing