Taken'

Taken'

A Story by Jessi Raine is falling
"

Might right a book off of this

"
I’m sitting in my car, waiting for the confirmation of my order when I hear the drive-thru voice say something I can’t believe. “Yeah, I took care of her, don’t worry boss, they will never find the body” the voice in the drive-thru says. I freeze; did he really just say that? But it can’t be true “is this a prank? Did Kayla put you up to this” I say, there is a screech and then the boy comes back onto the intercom. “What did you say?” he says a little aggravated. “The whole, ‘I took care of her’ bit. Just tell me Kayla did it,” I say with a laugh. Then I hear something hit the floor, and I see a boy about my age walk out of the building. He walks up to my car and tells me to get out. “That would require moving, and I don’t think so” I say. He opens the door and rips me out of the car. He grabs my arm hard and starts to drag me away. I try and scream, but I am the only one here. I kick and bite as much as I can, but he doesn’t even flinch. We walk up to this little abandoned shack, “Get in there” he yells, I walk a little ahead of him, and everything goes dark.

When I wake, I’m in some kind of little jail looking place. “Ouch” I say, my head hurts, “Good morning sunshine” I hear a voice say. “This will teach you to listen on other people conversations” I hear again. “I wasn’t really trying to listen, he had the drive-thru speaker on,” I say, now a little aggravated. “JASON” he yells, “GET IN HERE NOW”. Just then a bright light flickers on, “OUCH“ I  yell this time, “Oh shut up princess“ I hear him say again. “I’m not a princess, just let me go you freak“ I say, tempted to sleep again. “That aint gonna happen“ it’s the voice from the drive-thru, “you left the drive-thru speaker on you idiot“ I hear the other voice say. “It was an accident“ I hear drive-thru boy say, and I‘m guessing he is Jason. Their conversation lasts about an hour, then I hear a big screetching noise, and something hits the floor, and then the noise again. I can’t really see anything, the light has been so bright I can‘t adjust to it. “Let me talk to my sister“ I hear jason yell, Wait his sister? I hear a match light and then the light go out and all I see is the dim candle flicker and a figure sitting at the edge of my bed. “I am so sorry I got you into this” I hear Jason say, and realize he is the figure at the end of my bed. “Why did you do it?” I say a little irritated. “They have my sister,” he says, and I feel an inkling of compassion for him. “Do you think we will ever get out of here” I say, the hope in my heart depleting. “I don’t know, but I have very little hope we will” he says, and we sit in the darkness, waiting to see what lies ahead.

© 2011 Jessi Raine is falling


Author's Note

Jessi Raine is falling
wondering if you guys like it enough for me to make it into a book

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

ive worked in drive thrus, and wow what a concept lol great

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Aly
agreed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


THIS IS KAYLA.
MAKE THIS INTO A BOOK, YO.
KTHX. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 14, 2011
Last Updated on February 14, 2011

Author

Jessi Raine is falling
Jessi Raine is falling

Pratt, KS



About
I love, i lose, i cry, and i sigh. But hey that's life. more..

Writing