Half a year and I still miss you Marley

Half a year and I still miss you Marley

A Poem by JetMardium

Marley,

I dreamnt of you again last night. We were in the field running you were so beautiful, I wish I never had to wake up. I miss you everyday. I cry about you everyday, I need you. Without you I’m lost, you were my son, my best friend, my loyalist companion. You were my equal, I would have died to protect you. I want you to know I’m sorry. Sorry for everything I put you through. I wish you were still here to witness the birth of ******. You were always here when I needed someone. I want to die and be with you again. But I can’t, not with a wife and a child on the way. I still remember the day you died November seventeenth two thousand and eleven. I remember sitting there as you died in my arms. You were in so much pain, I would have taken it all upon myself if I could have. I still cry as I think about how I had to tell the vet to put you down. It ended your suffering, but started mine. I remember holding you in my arms as you laid dying, taking your last breaths of life. Ii held you and kept telling you how much me and mommy loved you, and how you were going to a better place, and that everything would be OK. I lied though, I won’t ever be OK without you, I need you Marley and I promise with my life that someday I will bring you back. 

© 2016 JetMardium


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
1 Review
Added on January 12, 2016
Last Updated on January 12, 2016