The Human

The Human

A Story by Jenny Villa

Even though I came into this late, I have seen it as for a reason, for lately I have been able to connect more with this sublime space and have really been more aware of what is Beauty, not the analytical perception, but rather being more aware of it's being, of it's realness. So writing about my fresh thoughts about this topic now seemed to have worked out for the best. 

An example of Beauty would be the overlooked beauty of a human being. Lately I have been finding myself speechless, in awe, in the presence of another human being in an intimate setting, such as sitting down for breakfast or riding in the car with them. Their amazing rare chance of surviving through the many obstacles that could have ended their remarkable life and their miracle of just being has drawn me towards something larger than myself, revealing the original connection I've always had to the universe, to higher intelligence, to the creator, to everything that ever was. 

To follow the rules of Beauty given by Kant:


First Rule- The human being can be pleasurable, bringing use to someone or something else, however, I felt none of this when observing from afar. Instead, I enjoyed just observing, observing the way the human does certain things, speaks, sees, etc. It is truly remarkable and I found pleasure in being in their presence. 


Second Rule- I do believe that if others took the time to completely be in the presence of another person and relieve all thoughts and judgements, then they would also be in awe of the experience that comes with being in another human's presence, the remarkable essence of it. 


Third Rule- Even though it is certain that a human being can and most likely does have a purpose, it of course does not need one in order to exist and to be. It has been expected over the course of human life that each person needs to have something that they are contributing, whether it be skill, money, etc. But for a human to be the beautiful being that it is, all it must do is to be, that is it. The beauty comes with it, not being able to be separated.


Fourth Rule- I do believe that others ability to find another human being beautiful or not does speak on that person's beliefs, possibly even way of life. To have "common sense", like Kant put it, is to find the obvious beauty in another human being. To not, which of course is possible, is to state where the observer stood in life. 


A glimpse of the sublime was shown whilst being in the still presence of another person did bring out a sense of fearlessness in me, unafraid of all things shallow, such as physical pain, being uncomfortable, judgement being casted, etc. Rather I found my self to be free, feeling as if I was so connected with the core creation of life that I was reminded why I was alive, not to die or to be anxiously waiting death, but to live, in every way, for the point of life is to do so. 

© 2018 Jenny Villa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on December 23, 2018
Last Updated on December 23, 2018
Tags: sublime, Kant, humans, art, philosophy