The Detector

The Detector

A Story by Jasmine
"

This is not only a journey for Angel, but for the reader, and the writer too.

"

Chapter One


      My name is Angel, I love school and hate real life along with people. People? Yes, people! They are so picky, cant see what is really going on in the world. People who gossip, people that no longer have any love or appreciation for what we have. Humans are just so blind, they don't know whats right and whats wrong.


      But I’m not like any of them, I’m different and I can see and sense things that are wrong and aren't normal. The government says that we should fear people like me. My parents know better though. They feel that being different isn’t such a bad thing.


     I've always tried to ask them why people should be afraid of me. But all they reply is “don’t tell anyone even if you think they are your best friend.” of course I was a tiny rebel and when I was seven I told my “friend” that there was something wrong with me. I didn’t know what it was called though, so at first she thought I had some kind of disease, then she started freaking out and told her parents about me. Immediately they called my school and they called my parents.


      My parents had look of disappointment etched in their faces when they found out what I did, I wish they would yell at me. Instead they talked to me ever so quietly, I almost asked “what” so I could acutely hear them, but thought better of it. The only part I could make of it was “we have to go now, change our names, and for now on your home schooled.”


      I remember crying myself to sleep that night. I've never seen my parents so upset. It really irritated me how they keep exchanging glances. Finally I couldn’t withstand the urge to ask, I blurt out “what?” I feel my mothers eyes burn into me. “do you want to know what you are,” she asked. “of course” I reply. Finally this is the day I find out what I am.



     “You're a detector”

© 2014 Jasmine


Author's Note

Jasmine
Do you think this is good? Please remember I will be adding onto this!! I am a young writer hoping for helpful tips.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on February 26, 2014
Last Updated on February 26, 2014
Tags: the, detector, fantasy, story, chapter, good, new, one

Author




Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5