The Power of God

The Power of God

A Story by Jewstin
"

When corrupt Christians take over the U.S., Cye must learn from his elders and stop them from spreading their revile faith around the globe.

"

Chapter One           

 They’ll put the fear of God back into you. That’s their motto. And it’s true. These Christians are basically running the country now. If you don’t believe our God is love and Jesus is our savor, you’re dead. They don’t give people the luxury of dying quickly though; they make them wait. Through crucifixion. The only thing still alive in those crosses after a week was the stench of decomposition. Screams of the soon-to-be deceased are easily projected throughout the entire town. I’ve lived in here all my life and I still get shivers anytime I hear those petrifying shrieks. I remember thinking the government was corrupt when the UNITED STATES was running it. Boy was I wrong. It’s all religion now. Wars are no longer fought over resources. They’re fought over God. I’m a frail old man now, and I can’t do much besides sit and my home and listen to the sounds of the victims of Christ. But I can educate. Being one of the only none-corrupted Christians left in the country (more like the WORLD now), I still do truly believe in the power of God. And I will fight for him; but not through violence. But through faith. With the rest of my life, I plan on doing missionary work. If I get killed in doing so, I can at least go up to him and say I tried.

© 2012 Jewstin


Author's Note

Jewstin
**Note to all readers**
I by no stretch of the imagination had intentions of saying our God is bad. I myself am a devouted Christian and got inspired to write this through a song I was listening to. I do not plan on writing anymore of this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on September 16, 2012
Last Updated on September 16, 2012
Tags: jesus, god, dystopian

Author

Jewstin
Jewstin

Boston, MA



About
Hi So obviously, I like to write, but mainly short stories. I'm sort of a grammar freak, but yeah. I'm 17 and I have a passion (well, baseball is my main one, but writing is right up there). more..

Writing