The Hotel

The Hotel

A Story by Jim
"

Loosely based on the real person HH Holmes and his hotel in Chicago, Em and Noah needed a place to stay for a day or two. What they got was something they didn't believe. Something...too much.

"
"Mr. Holmes, please, just one night!" Noah pleaded at the front desk of a beautiful hotel him and his wife, Em, came across.
"I'm not sure if I HAVE one. Let me check really quick." Mr. Holmes said. He turned towards a door, opened it, went inside, and shut it behind him.
BANG! BOOM! CLASH! went something from behind the door.
Noah turned and walked over to Em.
"You know...I felt another kick today." she said, and winked at him.
"Is that so?" Noah said back, jokingly. "I'm just pissed..." he leaned over towards Em's pregnant belly, "...that little man here...is gonna steal my girl from me." They both laughed and kissed.
But it was interrupted when they heard a noise from the wall...a noise that sounded eery...followed by a very faint splash.
"The maintenence here isn't best though" Noah said to Em.
Mr. Holmes emerged from the door again, into the lobby.
"Sorry about that, folks. Great news! We have one room for two open!!!"
Noah and Em got two huge smiles on their faces as they looked at each other. "We'll take it for tonight," Noah said while looking at Em. She got all girly and smiled and chucked.
"Ok...here's your room key." Mr. Holmes said as he held out the keys.
Noah reached out and accepted them. Mr. Holmes walked around the counter to the couple. He motioned his arm towards the stairs. "Right this way!" he smiled.
Noah let Em walk up first, so that way if her pregnant self were to fall Noah could catch her. Then Noah, right behind her. Finally, Mr. Holmes. They walked up the steps as they creaked.
SKREACH! EERRRRRREEEEKK! RRREEEEEKKKRRREEK!
"Don't mind that." Mr. Holmes said when he noticed worried looks on the couple's faces. "Despite the creaks and other noises, this is one of the most safest and sturdiest hotels ever erected!"
Em turned and looked at Noah. She smiled wearily. "He so sure about that?" she whispered.
"Hey, babes," Noah said, "it'll be fine. This place is absolutely beautiful! And it's just for one night. TONIGHT. We'll be outta here tomorrow."
Em turned and chucked nervously. "I have a weird feeling..." she said.

Noah inserted the key into the door knob, twisted it, and opened the door. It swung opened and creaked as it did so. All three stood at the doorway and looked inside. There were still a few jackets hanging up in the closet. "Who's are those?" Em asked.
"Oh, those must've been accidentally left here by the previous owners. I'll take care of those," Mr. Holmes said as he walked in and took the jackets. "I'll take care of these, and I'll be right back." He left.
Noah and Em walked to the bed. "Oh my God, Em! Look!" Noah said.
"What? What's wrong?" Em said worried.
"One bed! You gotta share with me!" Noah said as he winked and jumped on one side of the bed.
"You asshat." Em laughed.
She carefully climbed into the bed next to Noah. He rolled over and looked at her. He put his hand on her stomach. "Finally..." he said, as his hand slowly started gliding down her body and he went in for a kiss. "...just you and me...alone." He almost made lip contact, and his hand almost reached "the goods," but Mr. Holmes came back in.
"Ah, I see you all enjoy what you have here?" he asked.
"Oh, yes! Love it!" Noah answered right away.
"Good! Well, I need to tend back to my job now. If yall need anything, just give a Lil whistle!" Mr. Holmes said happily as he skipped out of the room.
Em turned her head to Noah. "...so what do you wanna do?" she asked.
"Well, I WANT to do you, but your Mrs. Peggers, can't do that." They both laughed as Noah flopped back down on the bed. Em bobbed up and down as the mattress bounced.

Later that night, Noah was lying on the bed with a book in his hand, and Em was in the bathroom cleaning her teeth. She hummed a little tune as she did it, one of her past that she hoped to bring into her future generation.
But not all was right...she dropped the lid to her toothpaste bottle. When she bent down to get it, she bumped into the bottom cabinet of the sink, which opened it slightly. She reached in and pulled out a hammer.
She thought, why? There wouldn't be a hammer here...unless it was important...she put the hammer in the back of her pants and finished in the bathroom before returning to Noah.
Noah watched her approach him with a smile. "There's my bab---" Just then, out of nowhere, the bed collapsed downwards like a trap door in the floor. It sent Noah falling down a long, chimney like chute. He screamed his last word as he fell to his demise in an unknown fluid at the bottom----BABES!!!!
Em screamed as the bed rose again. She ran out into the hall and ran to the end, where she opened the door to nothing but a brick wall. She screamed again as she turned and kept looking for a way out of this place.

She was deemed unsuccessful. She couldn't find a way out. All hope was lost.
But then..."Hey, babes..." she heard.
She turned her head towards the noise and saw a figure. A rather familiar figure.
Could it be...Noah?
He didn't really die?!?!
She was so happy. She got up and ran to him. "SWEETS! This place has no out! We need to esca---" She saw something she never could unsee again.
Out of the shadows and on to her was Noah...a burned, melted, gooey corpse with rotting flesh and skull showing.
Em screamed and threw the body aside, and fell to the ground.

"NO! HOW COULD YOU??? YOU MOTHER F---"

Mr. Holmes walked into the light. "You see, ma'am...you can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave." He got a dark, sickening grin on his face. "I've hired many different constructors to erect my hotel so only one person knows the whole layout...me."

"DAMN YOU TO HELL, YOU SHITFACE!"

"That makes escape virtually impossible. So you're stuck here..and you already saw what happened to your b***h there." He motioned to the rotting gooey corpse on the floor that used to be Noah.

Em slowly crawled backwards on the floor before remembering: I have the damn hammer!

She reached behind her, grabbed the hammer, then lunged up towards Mr. Holmes. He slammed it against his head, causing it to implode and spew blood and brain and skull fragments. He screamed in pain as he immediately fell to the ground with Em on his side beating the daylights out of his head. First thee temple; gone. Scalp; destroyed. Face; collapsed in on itself! Soon there was blood all over her, Holmes' body, and Noah's goo-face. He was dead.

His body count was 158.

Em stood proudly, as she had just killed the beast. She held the hammer out in front of her and smiled. "YOU SICK B*****D!" she yelled to the body.

Just then-

The floor collapsed from beneath her feet.

It was a trap-door.

She fell in.

His body count was 160.
















-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------H.H. Holmes was indeed a real person from a long time ago, and his hotel actually existed in Chicago.

His real life body count was anywhere between 27-200.

The story you just read was fictional.

-Jim.

© 2016 Jim


Author's Note

Jim
Please do note this is FICTION, and NOT based on any real killings of H. H. Holmes. Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This reminds me of American Horror Story only this story is true horror to the core. I felt a sense of fear in this story and it's nice to see that play out.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 15, 2016
Last Updated on November 15, 2016
Tags: horror, hhholmes, murder

Author

Jim
Jim

About
Hello, I'm Jim. I love to tell stories and I hope telling mine will bring joy and happines to others. I dabble more in short story than I do novel or novella but I have some great ideas up my sleeve t.. more..

Writing